OnLive, Inc. announced today that Google will be integrating the revolutionary OnLive cloud gaming service as a standard feature of the Google TV platform on all devices from all manufacturers. OnLive brings to Google TV users instant on-demand gameplay from a rapidly growing library of the latest high-performance console-class titles, as well exclusive social features such as worldwide massive spectating and Brag Clip® videos with full group voice and text chat. The OnLive Viewer, enabling OnLive social features, is available immediately on all Google TV devices currently in the market and is compatible with standard Google TV remote controls as well as the OnLive Wireless Controller and standard USB game controllers. Full OnLive gameplay is coming soon to all current and future Google TV devices, including TVs, Blu-ray players and Media Streamers, making Google TV the first integrated TV platform with console-class gameplay capability, and bringing OnLive capability to most major TV manufacturers.
OnLive instant on-demand gameplay of about 200 console-quality titles, including top-tier recent releases, such as Saint's Row: The Third and Assassin's Creed: Revelations, is being demonstrated on the VIZIO VAP430 Stream Player with OnLive's Wireless Controller in Las Vegas during the CES show this week. Simultaneously, OnLive is demonstrating soon-to-be-released full OnLive gameplay capability on current Google TV devices. Over 50 game publishers, including virtually every top console publisher, is supporting the OnLive game platform.
"We're excited that OnLive will be making the highest-quality videogames available to all Google TV users," said Shanna Preve, Google TV Content Partnerships. "OnLive's groundbreaking instant-play service truly demonstrates the versatility and power of Google TV."
The OnLive Game Service is currently available on TVs, via Google TV or the OnLive MicroConsole, PCs, Mac®, tablets and smartphones, and soon will be available on Blu-ray players, media streamers and set-top boxes. The just-announced OnLive Desktop service, delivering a seamless, full-featured, media-rich PC desktop with full collaboration capability, is based on the same patented OnLive instant-action cloud computing technology, and will also be available on Google TV as well as all of the above platforms, enabling business presentations, sharing of family of videos and photos, as well as other media-rich PC applications.
"OnLive integration into Google TV is a huge leap forward for videogames," said Steve Perlman, OnLive Founder and CEO. "Consumers have come to expect instant gratification with music, movies and video. Now, with OnLive, players in the US and soon in the UK can just as easily stream the highest-quality games to their Google TV devices for play instantly on demand, without discs or downloads."
Latest News Posts
- Samsung should unveil dual-screen, foldable phone NEXT MONTH
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Devil May Cry 5 Ultra Limited Edition costs $8600
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- JLab Audio Launches Over-Ear Sport Headphone
- Turtle Beach Launches The Elite SuperAmp Pro Performance Gaming Audio Controller For Xbox One And PlayStation 4
- Huawei launches Huawei Watch GT and Huawei Band 3 Pro
- Porsche Design and Huawei reveal the new Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei unveils Huawei Mate 20 series