City of Industry, California, December 27, 2011-- It has come to our attention that certain X79 Series Motherboards (see models below) may malfunction due to excess heat when performing Extreme Overclocking beyond the board¡¯s limit. To address this issue and to ensure our product is being used as intended, we urge existing X79 users to either visit GIGABYTE¡¯s official website to download and update their X79 series BIOS, or contact GIGABYTE¡¯s regional service center.
The GIGABYTE X79 Series Motherboards in question are ONLY limited to the following models: G1.Assassin 2 , GA-X79-UD7, GA-X79-UD5 and GA-X79-UD3. The X79 series motherboards not named above are outside the scope of this statement and not applicable.
GIGABYTE is committed to the following:
1. GIGABYTE will make its best efforts to ensure that all partners, distributors and retailers have the latest firmware (BIOS) installed on existing X79 Series Motherboard models.
2. GIGABYTE¡¯s commitment to service excellence will not be compromised. The GIGABYTE X79 Series Motherboards offer an unprecedented 5 year warranty, the longest offered in the industry. We encourage users to register for this FREE 5 year warranty here: http://e-service.gigabyte.com/Productregistration/webevent/ExtendWarranty_US.aspx
3. If any existing user is still unsatisfied after the recommended firmware (BIOS) update of their X79 Series Motherboard, GIGABYTE will offer an unconditional replacement of their X79 Series Motherboard (same model). No Questions Asked.
The latest X79 Series Motherboard BIOS update may be found below. Alternatively, existing users may also perform the BIOS update by using the GIGABYTE @BIOS utility which may be downloaded from the GIGABYTE website:
G1.Assassin 2 ¨C Please update to BIOS F7 or later
GA-X79-UD7 ¨C Please update to BIOS F7 or later
GA-X79-UD5 ¨C Please update to BIOS F7 or later
GA-X79-UD3 ¨C Please update to BIOS F7 or later
This demonstrates GIGABYTE¡¯S commitment to service excellence to all our customers. For additional inquiries, please contact us at the following link: http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/customer-service.aspx
GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd., headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a leading brand in the IT industry with branch offices located in 24 countries around the world. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a small research and development team, quickly rising in prominence to become one of the world's top motherboard manufacturers. In addition to motherboards and graphics cards, GIGABYTE has further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, datacenter servers, networking products, mobile handsets and home entertainment devices - serving each facet of our digital life in the home and office. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to ¡°Upgrade Your Life¡± with innovative technology, exceptional quality, and unmatched customer service. In 2011, GIGABYTE celebrates its 25th anniversary, and a quarter of a century committed to quality, excellence and serving our customers with the utmost enthusiasm and professionalism. We look forward to navigating the future at full sail.
Visit https://www.gigabyte.us for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM