- Anexis eSports wins $6,000 grand prize after thrilling final watched live by 5,000 viewers -
FREMONT, California - December 21st, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the final results of the inaugural Vengeance® Cup Call of Duty® 4 tournament. In an exciting final match, the Anexis eSports team beat LowLandLions to take the top prize of $6,000. LowLandLions received $3,000, and third-place finishers Team-Dignitas received $1,000.
"We are very excited to announce the winner of the first Corsair Vengeance Cup, and congratulate Anexis ESports on their victory. Our thanks go to everyone who took part." Said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "The Vengeance Cup was a great way to celebrate the launch of our new FPS-optimized Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M60 laser gaming mouse. They're an ideal match for the intense action of Call of Duty 4."
The Vengeance Cup Call of Duty 4 tournament began open signups in September with 256 teams vying for a share of the $10,000 prize pot - one of the biggest purses ever for an online Call of Duty 4 tournament. Matches were streamed live to a total audience of more than 120,000, with 5,000 viewers signing in to watch the finals on December 7th.
About Corsair Vengeance Gaming
Corsair's Vengeance line of PC gaming peripherals is tailored to the unique needs of PC gamers, and includes the Vengeance K60 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M60 laser gaming mouse, optimized for FPS gaming; the Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard and Vengeance M90 laser gaming mouse, tuned for MMO and RTS gaming; the Vengeance 1500 and Vengeance 1300 gaming headsets, and the Vengeance 1100 "behind-the-head" gaming headset. To learn more about the entire line of Vengeance gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, and gaming headsets, please visit:
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ