- Corsair, DreamHack and Valve team up for a Dota 2 tournament at DreamHack Winter 2011 with 11K in prize money -
JÖNKÖPING, Sweden - November 1st, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced sponsorship of the DreamHack Corsair Vengeance Dota 2 Championship at DreamHack Winter 2011.
The tournament for one of the most eagerly anticipated games of the year, Valve's Dota 2, is presented in conjunction with DreamHack. Total prize money is 100,000 SEK, or approximately 11,000 Euros. The tournament will be played by paid attendees of DreamHack Winter 2011 and will be open to up to 64 teams of players, with the top two teams competing in the final match at the DreamArena Extreme before a crowd of thousands of DreamHack attendees. The finals will also be streamed worldwide in HD with play-by-play by widely acclaimed ESports commentator Tobi "TobiWanKenobi" Dawson.
Teams who are planning to rent table seats at DreamHack may sign up for the tournament at http://www.dreamhack.se. All teams accepted into the tournament will receive Dota 2 beta keys.
"We're pleased to be taking part in one of the first major tournaments for Dota 2," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager of the Components Business Unit at Corsair. "Our new MMO-optimized Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard and Vengeance K90 laser gaming mouse are designed for gamers who want to play at their highest level, and are a great choice for professional tournament players."
"Dota has always been one of the most popular games at our events, and we're very glad to introduce Dota 2 for the first time to our audience together with Corsair." said Tomas Hermansson, Head of e-sports, DreamHack. "It's destined to be an intriguing game, and our first Dota 2 tournament will be an exciting experience for both DreamHack and the community."
DreamHack is the world's largest computer festival, combining a massive LAN party, organized gaming tournaments, manufacturer exhibits, lectures and sessions held by leading game developers and personalities, and performances by world-renowned musicians. DreamHack Winter 2011 takes place at the Elmia in Elmia fair in Jönköping, Sweden, from November 24 - 27. Learn more at http://www.dreamhack.se.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, laser gaming mice, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard