Panasonic Solutions Company, provider of collaboration, information-sharing and decision-support solutions for government and commercial enterprises, today announced the Panasonic Toughbook S10. Powered by an Intel Core i5-2520M vPro processor, the Toughbook S10 delivers up to 12.5 hours of standard battery life - the longest in its class - and weighs only 3.0 pounds. The notebook offers optional Gobi2000 mobile broadband and other enhancements to increase performance and drive return on investment. This lightweight device is ideal for road warriors and other highly mobile workers in a variety of markets.
Panasonic has designed the Toughbook S10 for the most demanding mobile users, offering exceptional battery life, connectivity, security features and performance. The Toughbook S10 also supports both USB 3.0 and 2.0, analog (VGA) and digital (HDMI) video and the latest SD card standard (SDXC) to enable faster file transfer speeds and greater flexibility. A host of security features, including an optional fingerprint reader, are available to keep your data protected and secured while on the road.
"The vast majority of business notebooks lack the durability to survive a hectic travel schedule; however, the Toughbook S10 is designed to address the needs of business professionals with the integration of security and remote management capabilities, protection against drops and spills, and exceptional performance and battery life," said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic Solutions Company. "The Toughbook S10 provides road warriors a reliable and lightweight device that allows them to work virtually anywhere."
In order to withstand a highly mobile work environment, the Toughbook S10 is designed to survive drops, bumps and spills. Due to its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive, the device can handle up to a 30" drop to the base of the unit while operating. The Toughbook S10 also features a spill-resistant keyboard that can protect against spills up to six ounces (200 cc).
Embedded Wireless Connectivity
The Toughbook S10 offers a variety of embedded wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and optional Gobi2000 3G mobile broadband technology from Qualcomm, allowing workers to stay connected virtually all of the time.
Panasonic Toughbook S10: Select Features and Specifications
Genuine Windows 7 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit)
Intel Core i5-2520M vPro Processor (2.50 GHz)
o Turbo Boost up to 3.20 GHz
o Intel Smart Cache 3 MB
320 GB 5400 rpm shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive
4-8 GB RAM
12.1" widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) LCD display with LED backlighting
Anti-glare screen treatment
12.5 hours of battery life with standard battery (MobileMark 2007)
3.0 lbs (around 1.5 kgs)
HDMI and VGA video outputs
Magnesium alloy case
o 30" operating drop (to base only)
o 26 sides 12" drop (non-operating)
o 220 lb (110 kg) compression-resistant
o Spill-resistant keyboard/touchpad (protects against 6 ounce spills)
o Optional Gobi 2000 3G mobile broadband
o Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n
o Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR (class 2)
Integrated Security Features
o Cable lock slot
o Trusted platform module (TPM) security chip v.1.2
o Computrace theft protection agent in BIOS
o Intel Anti-Theft technology
o Optional fingerprint reader
11.1" (H) x 8.3" (W) x 0.9-1.5" (D)
Pricing and Availability
In the United States, the Toughbook S10 is expected to be available in September 2011 from authorized Panasonic resellers starting at an estimated street price of $2,449.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Razer's new Blade laptops
- Huawei forges forward with Mate X foldable phone launch
- GoodOffer24 HOT SUMMER SALE: Windows 10 Pro for $12.14
- Apex Legends popularity dives, Twitch views drop 75%
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)