Bigfoot Networks, the technology company behind the Killer line of high-performance networking products, today at Computex announced that ASUS has expanded its line of Killer E2100-based motherboards with their new ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboard.
The new ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboard supports AMD FX Series CPUs with up to 8-cores, DDR3 Memory with overclocking speeds up to 2133 MHz, multi-GPU technology for CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI, 8-ch HD, SupremeFX X-Fi 2 audio from Creative Labs and more. Powered by Bigfoot Networks' Killer E2100 networking platform and a host of other gaming-centric features, this AMD FX-based motherboard combines innovative design and technical intelligence to make the PC gaming experience more rewarding and accessible. This is the second motherboard offering from ASUS to incorporate Killer E2100 gaming network capabilities, preceded by the ROG Rampage III Black Edition.
The ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt is among the first Killer E2100-based motherboards to ship with Bigfoot's new Advanced Stream Detect feature. Advanced Stream Detect automatically classifies all network traffic and prioritizes streams that are particularly sensitive to network performance and latency, such as HD video, online games, video and audio conferencing, voice chat and more. As a result, users can watch videos while downloading large files, send instant messages and play games simultaneously, or navigating the Web while video conferencing without all of the pausing and stuttering associated with slower, less intelligent networking solutions.
"We have seen a tremendous response to our ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard and ThunderBolt expansion module using the embedded Killer E2100 networking platform," said Kris Huang, product line manager, ASUS. "With the addition of Bigfoot Networks' Advanced Stream Detect technology to the Killer E2100, we are excited to add this great new capability to our ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt motherboard and provide our customers the best online experience for all their online games, streaming video and audio."
"We are excited that Asus has added our Killer E2100 networking technology to their new line of AMD-based ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboards," said Michael Howse, CEO of Bigfoot Networks. "When industry innovators such as ASUS recognize the value of our exclusive technologies like Game Networking DNA and Advanced Stream Detect and offer it on multiple platforms, it reaffirms our passion for creating the fastest, most intelligent networking products for online games, HD video and real-time internet applications."
The ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt motherboard will be available for purchase at the end of June 2011. For more details on ASUS motherboards with embedded Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 technology, visit http://press.asus.com/computex2011/rog/. For more information on Bigfoot's Killer E2100 platform and supported products, visit http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/killer-e2100/.
Bigfoot Networks' Advanced Stream Detect technology is now available for all of its networking platforms including Killer E2100 embedded networking platforms (such as the ASUS ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard), Killer 2100 add-in cards as well as the Killer Wireless-N family of wireless networking adapters. Current Killer 2100 and Killer E2100 customers can obtain a free update to Advanced Stream Detect, by visiting bigfootnetworks.com/ASD.
Latest News Posts
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution