LOS ANGELES, April 11, 2011- HABEY USA, a leading manufacturer of embedded computer and server storage products, today announces EMB-4650, an EPIC form factor (165mm × 115mm) fanless embedded board based on the Intel Menlow chipset with Atom Z510 processor is available for resellers, system integrators and OEMs. First released to Intel for the 2010 Intel Cup Embedded System Design Contest, the EMB-4650 made its debut to hundreds of university students for building embedded systems for the competition last year. At the contest, systems built based on the board EMB-4650 boards include robots, voice reorganization systems, 3D video conferencing systems, industrial control systems and much more.
First place winner of 2010 Intel Cup Embedded System Design Contest: Traditional Chinese shadow-play robot based on EMB-4650 link:
Picture, links and datasheet:
The low power Menlow Intel Atom chipset has been developed for mobile and other low power small form factor applications. It only provides two single-lane Gen1 PCIe interfaces. This means it has no PCI ports and a very limited set of I/O capability. The EMB-4650 provides a perfect platform for those applications that will take the advantage of the latest Intel Atom technology and still need legacy connections like PCI, mini-PCI or PC/104 (ISA) for various endpoints like modems and codecs that have not been implemented in PCIe native flavors.
At just 6.5" x 4.5", this quiet, tiny embedded board is packed with the new features of the Intel Menlow Atom platform as well as PCI and PC104 expansions for legacy devices: Intel US15W SCH chipset with GMA 500 graphic capable of full 1080p HD hardware decoding, 24-bit LVDS, 512MB onboard RAM, one mini-IDE 44-pin connector, two external plus six internal USB2.0 ports, VGA or DVI-D output up to 1920 x 1080, built-in CF socket and SD reader, two COM ports with one selectable as RS-232/422/485, High Definition audio, one Gigabit Ethernet port, one LPT port, one PCI slot, one mini-PCI slot, one PC/104 (ISA) slot, 12V DC input and support for Microsoft Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, Linux and future Windows Embedded Standard 7 operating systems.
- Ultra-compact for space-constrained applications
- VGA, DVI and LVDS displace interfaces
- Low power consumption and fanless design
- Supports full high-definition video hardware decoding
- PCI, mini-PCI, PC/104 (ISA) expansion slots
- Supports IDE, SD, CF storage options
- Twp Serial Ports with one RS-485 selectable
- 12V DC power input
Chipset: Intel Atom Z510P + Poulsbo SCH
Processor: Onboard Intel Atom Z510P processor (1.1 GHz main frequency, 400 MHz FSB, TDP 2.2W)
Display Interface: Support CRT or DVI + LVDS display output
Graphic Chip: Intel Integrated GMA 500
VGA: 1x VGA (DVI for option)
LVDS: 1x 18/24-bit LVDS
DVI: 1x DVI (VGA for option)
CF/SD: 1x SD card reader, 1x Compact flash socket
IDE: 1x Mini-IDE
COM: 1x RS-232, 1x RS-232/422/485
USB: 8x USB 2.0 (2x standard ports, 3x 2x5 Pin interfaces)
Audio: Realtek ALC888 supports MIC-IN, LINE-IN, LINE-OUT, with 2x5 Pin interfaces
Parallel Port: 1x 2x10 Header
GPIO: 8-bit GPIO
Ethernet: Realtek 8111C/D, 10/100/1000Mbps, 1 XRJ-45
Expansion: 1x Mini-PCI, 1x PC/104, 1x PCI
System Control: Via internal pin header
LED indicator: Via internal pin header
Power Supply: +12V single power supply
Cooling System: Heat Sink with Heat pipes
OS Support: Supports Windows Embedded, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Linux
Operation Temperature: 0°C - 60 °C (32ºF - 140 ºF)
Storage temperature: -40 ºC - 80 ºC (-40ºF - 176 ºF)
Relative Humidity: 0% - 90% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Dimension (DxWxH): 6.5"x 4.5"
Form factor: EPCI
Latest News Posts
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!