ASUS has just launched the new BW-12D1S-U, the world's fastest external 3D Blu-ray writer. It enables an easy transition from DVD, the fastest and most reliable Blu-ray burning performance, and a unique artistic approach to optical media.
With burning speeds up to 12X via USB 3.0, Optical Tuning Strategy (OTS) technology for the best writing quality available and high definition 3D playback, the BW-12D1S-U further highlights the attention ASUS pays to design, arriving in a form inspired by diamond shapes. It also includes a unique blue power indicator for an artistic touch, and features a matching stand that allows for practical two-way horizontal and vertical placement to help users save space with increased versatility.
Attractive technology encourages transition to Blu-ray
ASUS Blu-ray devices now support 3D playback across the range, offering 2D to 3D conversion and full 1080p HD with no quality compromise. In order to afford an easier and faster transition from DVD to Blu-ray for consumers, ASUS has implemented powerful upscaling of non-HD DVD content to HD standards. By doing so, ASUS effectively protects the investment by consumers in large DVD libraries over the last decade and longer.
Audio performance for all Blu-ray content supports both Dolby EX and 5.1-channel DTS-HD, offering high definition sound as part of modern home entertainment setups. Sound decoding ensures no degradation of original audio sources occurs, so users are guaranteed faithful reproduction and crisp sound in every application.
Enhanced Blu-ray writing performance
ASUS incorporates the finest components and latest technologies in its optical drives, leading to output well above industry standards. The current Blu-ray writer lineup offers the world's fastest Blu-ray burning speeds, with devices now performing at up to 12X. Additionally, OTS technology ensures optimized burn strategies for each job. ASUS drives go beyond speed to guarantee fidelity, so burns take less time while always maintaining reliability and complete success rates.
Technology driven by aesthetics
ASUS Blu-ray devices take a different approach to component design. Unlike generic optical drives, they bring to the fore exciting presentation. Drawing inspiration from natural and architectural forms, ASUS designers have crafted the most unique Blu-ray drives available for PC while accommodating new technology. ASUS optical drives have won several awards, including International Forum (iF) design awards in both 2010 and 2011 and the Taiwan Excellence Award 2011 for the new BW-12D1S-U.
Write speed: 12X BD-R, 8X BD-R(DL), 6X BD-R(LTH), 2X BD-RE(DL)
Read speed: 8X BD-R(DL), 8X BD-RE, 6X BD-R(LTH), 2X BD-RE(DL), 8X BD-ROM(DL), 6X BD-RE(DL)
Interface: USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series