AMD's 16-Core "Interlagos" Server Processor Named a "Top New Product to Watch" for High Performance Computing
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -11/16/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that its upcoming 16-core server platform based on the "Bulldozer" core has been selected by the editors of HPCWire as one of the top 5 new products or technologies to watch in 2011. AMD was also selected as one of the top vendors to watch, and the highly technical readership of HPCWire named the AMD Opteron 6100 Series processor ("Magny-Cours") as a top new product.
"The HPC community demands the very best in current products and is always looking at the leading edge of innovation," said John Fruehe, director, Server and Embedded product marketing, AMD. "The AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform is continuing to gain traction with our customers, as it simply offers more cores and more memory for less money. We know that for HPC workloads, more cores mean more performance and clearly they are excited about the idea of a highly-efficient 16-core processor based on the new "Bulldozer" architecture that is platform-compatible with current offerings."
Scheduled for production in 2Q11 and launch with widespread availability in 3Q11, the "Interlagos" processor features up to 16 cores and 4 channels of DDR-3 memory, ideally suited for HPC environments. The 8-core, 2-channel processor code-named "Valencia" will be well suited for smaller HPC clusters where power or price are significant concerns. "Bulldozer", the first new server processor core technology from AMD since the introduction of the original AMD Opteron processor, features a modular design with 256-bit floating point capabilities and other features that compliment high performance computing.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions