AMD's 16-Core "Interlagos" Server Processor Named a "Top New Product to Watch" for High Performance Computing
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -11/16/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that its upcoming 16-core server platform based on the "Bulldozer" core has been selected by the editors of HPCWire as one of the top 5 new products or technologies to watch in 2011. AMD was also selected as one of the top vendors to watch, and the highly technical readership of HPCWire named the AMD Opteron 6100 Series processor ("Magny-Cours") as a top new product.
"The HPC community demands the very best in current products and is always looking at the leading edge of innovation," said John Fruehe, director, Server and Embedded product marketing, AMD. "The AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform is continuing to gain traction with our customers, as it simply offers more cores and more memory for less money. We know that for HPC workloads, more cores mean more performance and clearly they are excited about the idea of a highly-efficient 16-core processor based on the new "Bulldozer" architecture that is platform-compatible with current offerings."
Scheduled for production in 2Q11 and launch with widespread availability in 3Q11, the "Interlagos" processor features up to 16 cores and 4 channels of DDR-3 memory, ideally suited for HPC environments. The 8-core, 2-channel processor code-named "Valencia" will be well suited for smaller HPC clusters where power or price are significant concerns. "Bulldozer", the first new server processor core technology from AMD since the introduction of the original AMD Opteron processor, features a modular design with 256-bit floating point capabilities and other features that compliment high performance computing.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market