Viking Modular to be First to Bring Latest SandForce Technology to Many SSD Solutions
Viking Modular Solutions, a division of Sanmina-SCI Corporation, today announced it has incorporated the SandForce SF-2000 processor family into its product portfolio, with new solutions ready for qualification in the first quarter 2011. Just released, the SF-2500 and SF-2600 are the second generation SandForce SSD processors for enterprise storage environments, and are designed to enable standard high density NAND Flash memory to reliably operate in SATA- and SAS-based enterprise storage applications without compromising performance.
Viking Modular has quickly developed and perfected SSD solutions in multiple form-factors for this latest generation, offering devices that can deliver 6Gb/s SATA III with performance expectations of 60K IOPS random read and write, and 500 MB/s sequential read and write. In addition, these devices utilize DuraClass technology, architected to leverage advanced SLC and MLC NAND Flash memory, and to deliver best-in-class performance, endurance, security and power efficiency in a single chip solution.
"SandForce is an important strategic partner for us and we know firsthand that their technology helps us to bring superior functionality to our customers," said Hamid R. Shokrgozar, President and General Manager of Viking Modular Solutions. "That's why we have wasted no time incorporating its newest class of controllers into our innovative suite of products. We will continue to deliver our portfolio of industry standard 2.5" and 1.8" form-factor SSDs in addition to developing the next generation of powerful SSD solutions for OEMs in the enterprise and industrial space."
"We have a strategic collaboration with Viking Modular and are always excited to see how they use SandForce technology to answer real needs in today's enterprise and industrial markets," said Michael Raam, President and CEO of SandForce. "The SF-2500 and SF-2600 boast the strongest endurance, performance, security and reliability features in the market today, and we are confident that Viking Modular will provide the right design expertise and packaging technology to maximize the capabilities of these new processors."
Viking has transformed traditional data storage using SandForce innovative SSD processors, producing numerous high performance solutions in the standard flash memory market for enterprise, client and industrial computing applications.
Sanmina-SCI will provide its world-class, end-to-end manufacturing capabilities for Viking Modular's new suite of SSD solutions. Viking Modular's SSD solutions will be on display at Storage Networking World in Dallas, Texas, October 11-14, 2010, in the SandForce booth #413.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V key art leaked
- PS5 won't launch before Fall 2020, NPD analyst predicts
- New Master Chief Collection update lets you install segments
- Sony to continue strong first-party IP focus
- Hideo Kojima teases E3 2018 showcase for Death Stranding
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit