Antec Releases One-of-a-Kind Open-Air Chassis: The LanBoy Air
Modular chassis gives users the freedom they need to push the limits of creativity and performance
Fremont, CA - September 28, 2010 - Antec, Inc., the global leader in high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself markets, today announced the LanBoy Air: Antec's state-of-the art, fully-modular chassis designed to provide extensive customizability and flexibility to high-performance PC gamers, modders and workstation users.
The LanBoy Air sports unprecedented top-to-bottom mesh construction for extensive air ventilation and includes five 120 mm fans (two front-adjustable speed 120 mm blue LED fans and three 120 mm TwoCool two-speed blue LED fans) with space to mount up to 15 total fans. The fans are positioned to create positive air pressure, bringing cool air in and around hard drives and graphics cards, and expelling hot air and dust through the chassis' perforated panels.
The LanBoy Air has an entirely reconfigurable interior with 11 total drive bays (including nine modular bays to accommodate six internal 3.5" drives and three external 5.25" drives.) The 3.5" drives can also take advantage of Antec's exclusive AirMount suspension mounting system, which suspends hard drives in the drive bays, reducing vibration and increasing ease of use. Additionally, the 5.25" and 3.5" drive bays can be easily configured in three horizontal orientations: facing the front, right or left to accommodate users' desired chassis arrangements. This chassis also comes with two internal bottom-mounted 2.5" SSD drive bays.
The chassis' motherboard tray comes complete with a CPU cut-out and the power supply unit (PSU) mount is situated on the bottom of the chassis. In addition, both the motherboard tray and PSU mount slide out for easy installation and can be repositioned for increased customization - meeting the exacting demands of end users as well as system builders.
The LanBoy Air has space to fit graphics cards 15" and over and also features two rugged carrying handles for easy transport while at LAN parties, eight expansion slots, three USB ports (including one USB 3.0 port) and a convenient bottom-installed tool box for hardware and screw storage.
"Antec's Skeleton was universally lauded as the most innovative chassis ever. The LanBoy Air builds on the Skeleton's open-air frame design, combining it with a familiar form factor and fully modular construction," said Scott Richards, senior vice president at Antec. "This chassis offers our most avid users the platform they need to push the limits of what they imagined possible in high-performance system design."
Among its accolades, the LanBoy Air was awarded the prestigious COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2010 Design & Innovation prize for excellence in design quality in the "Components and Parts" category earlier this year.
The LanBoy Air is available now for an estimated price of $219.95 through major retailers, e-tailers and distributors and is backed by Antec's Quality 3-Year (AQ3) Limited Warranty on parts and labor.
Latest News Posts
- Tencent buys majority stake in Path of Exile studio
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit