Corsair Launches Single Rank Ultra-High-Speed DDR3 DIMMs
- Dominator GT DDR3 memory is tested at 2625MHz, equivalent to PC3-21000 -
FREMONT, California - July 1, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the launch of Dominator® GT GTX6 DDR3 memory, an ultra-high-speed PC3-21000 single-rank 1GB DDR3 DIMM. These modules are among the fastest available in the world today, and are designed for CPU and memory benchmarking as well as for world record attempts.
The GTX6 is tested on the Gigabyte P55A-UD5 motherboard with BIOS Revision F10 at a clock speed of 2625MHz. Specially selected Intel® Core i7-860 and Core i7-870 CPUs are used to achieve these memory frequencies. While 2625MHz is the test specification for a single module, we have found in the lab that speeds as high as 2600MHz can typically be achieved when testing as a pair. For ultimate performance, using a CPU cooled using liquid nitrogen, we were able to hit 2976MHz; see our blog for images and screen shots.
"What can I say, except these modules are fast. Really fast," stated John Beekley, Vice President of Technical Marketing at Corsair. "While not really designed for day to day use, these modules make superb weapons for your overclocking arsenal."
Dominator GT GTX6 memory is currently available on Corsair's web store, at shop.corsair.com. Due to the intensive screening involved, the availability of GTX6 memory is very limited. GTX6 modules are supplied with a limited lifetime warranty and are backed up by Corsair's legendary customer service and technical support.
Images of the Corsair Dominator GT family can be downloaded from here.
For more information on Corsair Dominator GT memory, please visit:
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. DHX and DHX+ designs are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit