Corsair Launches Single Rank Ultra-High-Speed DDR3 DIMMs
- Dominator GT DDR3 memory is tested at 2625MHz, equivalent to PC3-21000 -
FREMONT, California - July 1, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the launch of Dominator® GT GTX6 DDR3 memory, an ultra-high-speed PC3-21000 single-rank 1GB DDR3 DIMM. These modules are among the fastest available in the world today, and are designed for CPU and memory benchmarking as well as for world record attempts.
The GTX6 is tested on the Gigabyte P55A-UD5 motherboard with BIOS Revision F10 at a clock speed of 2625MHz. Specially selected Intel® Core i7-860 and Core i7-870 CPUs are used to achieve these memory frequencies. While 2625MHz is the test specification for a single module, we have found in the lab that speeds as high as 2600MHz can typically be achieved when testing as a pair. For ultimate performance, using a CPU cooled using liquid nitrogen, we were able to hit 2976MHz; see our blog for images and screen shots.
"What can I say, except these modules are fast. Really fast," stated John Beekley, Vice President of Technical Marketing at Corsair. "While not really designed for day to day use, these modules make superb weapons for your overclocking arsenal."
Dominator GT GTX6 memory is currently available on Corsair's web store, at shop.corsair.com. Due to the intensive screening involved, the availability of GTX6 memory is very limited. GTX6 modules are supplied with a limited lifetime warranty and are backed up by Corsair's legendary customer service and technical support.
Images of the Corsair Dominator GT family can be downloaded from here.
For more information on Corsair Dominator GT memory, please visit:
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. DHX and DHX+ designs are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches Trident Z Royal Series DDR4: ALL GOLD, BABY
- Anthem delayed for PS5 rumor gets smashed by lead producer
- BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $52.02
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6