QNAP Announces iSCSI and NFS VMware Ready Certification of TS-859 Pro iSCSI Turbo NAS
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class Network-Attached Storage (NAS) servers, Network Video Recorders (NVR), and Network Multimedia Player (NMP) today announced its 8-bay tower model TS-859 Pro Turbo NAS has been certified as compatible NFS and iSCSI datastore with VMware vSphere4 (ESX 4.0) virtualization platform. TS-859 Pro Turbo NAS can serve as both IP-SAN and NAS which offers flexibility, ultra-high performance, easy configuration and management, and affordable price points that enable SMB and entry-level Enterprise customers to be able to enjoy the advantages of VMware Cloud Computing environments. VMware vSphere is the industry's first cloud operating system that offers a way to reduce IT costs and increase responsiveness. Shared networked storage is an essential component of a Cloud Computing infrastructure. TS-859 Pro Turbo NAS can be easily integrated into to vSphere and allows the interoperability between VMware virtual machines and QNAP's high performance certified storage.
"QNAP provides our business customers high performance, highly reliable networked storage that meets their needs and won't break the budget. The IT administrators of small businesses and workgroups can now have an affordable and powerful alternative for the storage solution in the VMware virtualized environments," said David Tsao, Product Manager of QNAP. TS-859 Pro offers enterprise-level iSCSI features such as SPC-3 compliant, multiple LUNs per target, MPIO, MC/S, and LUN (logical unit number) masking. It offers up to 16TB storage capacity via 8 hot-swappable SATA hard disks, dual Gigabit LAN ports with fail-over, load-balancing and multi-IP setting capabilities. It also features RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 6/ 5+hot spare/ 6+hot spare configurations which offer higher redundancy. Meanwhile, the advanced RAID management tool facilitates online RAID capacity expansion, online RAID level migration, and RAID recovery maximize system up time. "Besides TS-859 Pro, the entire lineup of TS-x59 series Turbo NAS will be certified soon in June this year," Mr. Tsao added.
For more information on the QNAP Turbo NAS lineup of products, including product spec sheets and application information, please visit this page. For more information about TS-859 Pro, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Prime price will increase to $119 in May
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit