AMD Delivers Elite Visual Computing Performance with Latest Desktop Platform
AMD announced the immediate availability of the AMD Phenom II X6 processor and AMD 890FX chipset ushering in a new era of immersive 3D entertainment and visualization. Trailblazing consumers seeking immersive 3D entertainment and high definition multi-monitor display now can affordably upgrade to six-core performance and award-winning ATI Radeon HD 5000 series graphics. Today also marks the availability of the flagship AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition processor, AMD's fastest and most tunable desktop processor ever.
"With AMD Phenom II X6 processors, discerning customers can build an incredible, immersive entertainment system and content creation powerhouse," said Bob Grim, director of Client Platform Marketing at AMD. "AMD is answering the call for elite desktop PC performance and features at an affordable price."
AMD Phenom II X6 processors feature new Turbo CORE technology that transfers performance to three dedicated cores operating at higher frequency. AMD Phenom II X6 processors can shift to Turbo mode for demanding games and productivity software which may employ two or three cores, or shift back to six real cores for the demands of core-hungry content creation and immersive 3D applications.
Systems based on the AMD Phenom II X6 processor and the AMD 8-series chipsets are immediately available in North America from BOXX, iBuyPower, CyberPower, Systemax, MainGear, NCS Technology, Velocity Micro, and ZT Systems. AMD Phenom II X6 processors and AMD 8-series chipsets are available on motherboards sold by online retailers NCIX, Newegg, TigerDirect, and ZipZoomFly.
The AMD Phenom II X6 processor works with existing AM3 and AM2+ socket motherboards with proper BIOS support, making these processors an easy upgrade
With the new AMD OverDrive 3.2.1, computer enthusiasts can tune system performance, customize settings, and tune memory performance for the latest AMD platforms with the new AMD Phenom II X6 processor1
The AMD 890FX chipset is the premier complement to the AMD Phenom II X6 processor, featuring ATI CrossFireX technology, and is ready for up to four ATI Radeon HD graphics cards and award winning ATI EyeFinity multiple-display technology2
All of the necessary components to build a complete AMD-based system featuring the AMD Phenom II X6 processor can be purchased for less than the price of our competition's only six-core desktop processor
The AMD 890FX with SB850 chipset includes the latest SATA 6Gb/s hard drive interface, Gigabit Ethernet, HyperTransport 3.0 technology, and PCI Express Generation 2.0 designed to provide high performance data flow
Many AMD 890FX-based motherboards feature SuperSpeed USB 3.0, quickly synchronizing and transferring digital media files on the new generation of USB 3.0 devices
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate sales reach 1.3 million units in Japan
- Pornhub in 2018: 4403 petabytes of data, 147GB per SECOND
- Samsung's next-gen Galaxy S10 with 1TB storage: $1800?!
- This CRYENGINE project has the best looking graphics EVER
- AMD trademarks Radeon Vega II logo, ready for 7nm Vega 20
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- Turtle Beach's Best-Selling Stealth 600 Gaming Headset For Xbox One And PlayStation 4 Gets A New White Colorway For The Holidays
- Global Biomimetic Technology Market is Anticipated to Reach $18.50 Billion by 2028
- Global $37 Million Synthetic Stem Cells Market Forecast to 2028
- Carl Preston Jones Named Associate Director, Technical, at NASA Marshall
- Brain Corp Using NVIDIA Jetson for Latest Robotics Product Powered by BrainOS