Elpida Completes Development of 4-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, Industry's Highest Density DDR3
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had completed development of a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, the highest density DDR3 DRAM in the DRAM industry.
Based on an advanced 40nm process, the new eco-friendly DRAM uses about 30% less power compared to two 40nm process 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs (4-gigabit equivalent) and enables servers, data centers and other large capacity memory systems to reduce power consumption. It can operate at not only standard DDR3 1.5V but also 1.35V to allow greater system power savings.
Elpida plans to ship 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM for applications to the industry's highest density 32GB registered DIMM (72 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs installed in 36 Double Density Packages [DDP]*) and high-speed/high density new standard LR DIMM (Load Reduced DIMM) for servers, 8GB ECC unbuffered DIMM (18 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for workstations, 8GB SO-DIMM (16 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for notebook PCs and digital consumer electronic products.
The number of DRAM suppliers offering a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM product line-up is limited. In entering this market, Elpida is expected to help steady the supply of high density memory modules for severs and notebook PCs.
Elpida plans to begin sample shipments of 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM in the second quarter (April-June) of 2010 and commence mass production in the third quarter. The company's fab in Hiroshima is preparing to handle manufacturing.
Includes servers, workstations, PCs/notebook PCs, digital consumer electronics and game consoles.
Latest News Posts
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit