Elpida Completes Development of 4-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, Industry's Highest Density DDR3
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had completed development of a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, the highest density DDR3 DRAM in the DRAM industry.
Based on an advanced 40nm process, the new eco-friendly DRAM uses about 30% less power compared to two 40nm process 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs (4-gigabit equivalent) and enables servers, data centers and other large capacity memory systems to reduce power consumption. It can operate at not only standard DDR3 1.5V but also 1.35V to allow greater system power savings.
Elpida plans to ship 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM for applications to the industry's highest density 32GB registered DIMM (72 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs installed in 36 Double Density Packages [DDP]*) and high-speed/high density new standard LR DIMM (Load Reduced DIMM) for servers, 8GB ECC unbuffered DIMM (18 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for workstations, 8GB SO-DIMM (16 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for notebook PCs and digital consumer electronic products.
The number of DRAM suppliers offering a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM product line-up is limited. In entering this market, Elpida is expected to help steady the supply of high density memory modules for severs and notebook PCs.
Elpida plans to begin sample shipments of 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM in the second quarter (April-June) of 2010 and commence mass production in the third quarter. The company's fab in Hiroshima is preparing to handle manufacturing.
Includes servers, workstations, PCs/notebook PCs, digital consumer electronics and game consoles.
Latest News Posts
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution