Elpida Completes Development of 4-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, Industry's Highest Density DDR3
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had completed development of a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM, the highest density DDR3 DRAM in the DRAM industry.
Based on an advanced 40nm process, the new eco-friendly DRAM uses about 30% less power compared to two 40nm process 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs (4-gigabit equivalent) and enables servers, data centers and other large capacity memory systems to reduce power consumption. It can operate at not only standard DDR3 1.5V but also 1.35V to allow greater system power savings.
Elpida plans to ship 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM for applications to the industry's highest density 32GB registered DIMM (72 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs installed in 36 Double Density Packages [DDP]*) and high-speed/high density new standard LR DIMM (Load Reduced DIMM) for servers, 8GB ECC unbuffered DIMM (18 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for workstations, 8GB SO-DIMM (16 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM installed) for notebook PCs and digital consumer electronic products.
The number of DRAM suppliers offering a 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM product line-up is limited. In entering this market, Elpida is expected to help steady the supply of high density memory modules for severs and notebook PCs.
Elpida plans to begin sample shipments of 4-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM in the second quarter (April-June) of 2010 and commence mass production in the third quarter. The company's fab in Hiroshima is preparing to handle manufacturing.
Includes servers, workstations, PCs/notebook PCs, digital consumer electronics and game consoles.
Latest News Posts
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019