VIA Labs' USB 3.0 to SATA Controller Certified by USB-IF
Certification of the VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller ensures compliance with the USB 3.0 standard and interoperability with other USB devices
Taipei, Taiwan, 25 March 2010 - VIA Labs, Inc., a leading supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers, today announced the certification of its VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). The comprehensive suite of tests conducted as part of the USB-IF Compliance and Certification Program ensures that certified products are interoperable with existing USB devices, while also offering all the speed and power enhancements of the new USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) specification.
Components that achieve certification qualify to use the SuperSpeed USB logo, designed to provide consumers with a way to evaluate a product's quality. Additionally, certified products are added to an Integrators List of compliant SuperSpeed USB devices, which is available to manufacturers at https://www.usb.org/developers/compliance. The Integrators List enables manufacturers to quickly check for USB 3.0 components that have met the USB-IF Certification and Compliance Program criteria.
"The VL700 provides a way for users to experience the benefits of USB 3.0 data transmission on their SATA, SSD and ODD devices," said David Hsu, Associate Vice President, VIA Labs, Inc. "Certification from the USB-IF is important for consumers as it guarantees this experience is seamless and trouble-free."
As one of the industry's foremost suppliers of USB 3.0 components, VIA Labs today presented at the Digitimes Tech Forum (DTF), a gathering of leading component manufacturers focused on exploring the opportunities created by new high speed transmission technologies including SuperSpeed USB. For more information, please visit https://www.digitimes.com.tw/seminar/DTF_990325.html (Chinese language).
About the VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller
The VL700 is a highly integrated single chip solution that allows users to connect SATA hard disk drive (HDD), solid state drive (SSD), and optical disc drive (ODD) devices to their PC via new USB 3.0 specification ports.
With data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, USB 3.0 offers ten times the throughput available to USB 2.0 based devices, meaning large amounts of information stored on a SATA device can be effortlessly transferred to a PC in a fraction of the time it would usually take.
The VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller is now shipping; for pricing and availability, please contact your local VIA Labs sales representative or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About VIA Labs, Inc.
VIA Labs, Inc is the foremost supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers that are driving adoption of the new SuperSpeed USB data transfer specification. A wholly owned subsidiary of x86 processor platform provider, VIA Technologies, Inc., VIA Labs leverages its experience in high-speed serial link interfaces, in-house PHY design, and complete system integration to offer customers industry leading technology along with guaranteed high quality and implementation support. https://www.via-labs.com
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit