VIA Labs' USB 3.0 to SATA Controller Certified by USB-IF
Certification of the VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller ensures compliance with the USB 3.0 standard and interoperability with other USB devices
Taipei, Taiwan, 25 March 2010 - VIA Labs, Inc., a leading supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers, today announced the certification of its VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). The comprehensive suite of tests conducted as part of the USB-IF Compliance and Certification Program ensures that certified products are interoperable with existing USB devices, while also offering all the speed and power enhancements of the new USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) specification.
Components that achieve certification qualify to use the SuperSpeed USB logo, designed to provide consumers with a way to evaluate a product's quality. Additionally, certified products are added to an Integrators List of compliant SuperSpeed USB devices, which is available to manufacturers at https://www.usb.org/developers/compliance. The Integrators List enables manufacturers to quickly check for USB 3.0 components that have met the USB-IF Certification and Compliance Program criteria.
"The VL700 provides a way for users to experience the benefits of USB 3.0 data transmission on their SATA, SSD and ODD devices," said David Hsu, Associate Vice President, VIA Labs, Inc. "Certification from the USB-IF is important for consumers as it guarantees this experience is seamless and trouble-free."
As one of the industry's foremost suppliers of USB 3.0 components, VIA Labs today presented at the Digitimes Tech Forum (DTF), a gathering of leading component manufacturers focused on exploring the opportunities created by new high speed transmission technologies including SuperSpeed USB. For more information, please visit https://www.digitimes.com.tw/seminar/DTF_990325.html (Chinese language).
About the VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller
The VL700 is a highly integrated single chip solution that allows users to connect SATA hard disk drive (HDD), solid state drive (SSD), and optical disc drive (ODD) devices to their PC via new USB 3.0 specification ports.
With data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, USB 3.0 offers ten times the throughput available to USB 2.0 based devices, meaning large amounts of information stored on a SATA device can be effortlessly transferred to a PC in a fraction of the time it would usually take.
The VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller is now shipping; for pricing and availability, please contact your local VIA Labs sales representative or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About VIA Labs, Inc.
VIA Labs, Inc is the foremost supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers that are driving adoption of the new SuperSpeed USB data transfer specification. A wholly owned subsidiary of x86 processor platform provider, VIA Technologies, Inc., VIA Labs leverages its experience in high-speed serial link interfaces, in-house PHY design, and complete system integration to offer customers industry leading technology along with guaranteed high quality and implementation support. https://www.via-labs.com
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard