Gaming Just Got Real - Introducing the ASUS G51J 3D Gaming Notebook
ASUS Launches the World's First Notebook Utilising NVIDIA® 3D Vision for Truly Immersive Gaming
Sydney, Australia, 18 November 2009 - The new ASUS G51J 3D is designed to deliver a truly immersive 3D gaming and multimedia experience to gamers everywhere, with NVIDIA® 3D Vision and specially designed 3D glasses. The ASUS G51J 3D sports an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M with 1GB DDR3 video memory, to deliver adrenaline-pumping, edge-of-your-seat visuals anytime, anywhere. EAX and CMSS audio technology further enhances in-game immersion, delivering crystal clear sound and compelling environment audio effects through Altec Lansing® speakers. Powered by an Intel® Core i7 processor and 64-bit Windows® 7 operating system, the ASUS G51J 3D is the weapon of choice for serious gamers.
Immersive Gaming: Bridging the Gap between the Virtual and Reality
Equipped with NVIDIA® 3D Vision, the ASUS G51J 3D delivers ultra-realistic graphics that come to life before the user. A pair of 3D Vision active-shutter glasses coupled with a wide-range infra-red emitter, deliver stereoscopic images with clarity, brightness and depth-of-field at full resolution without any viewing angle restrictions. The GPU driver and a 120Hz 3D panel render each scene twice, delivering up to 60 images evenly to each eye. With up to 400 PC games that work out-of-the-box with 3D Vision, gamers can experience a whole new dimension of gaming never-before seen, with recently released games such as Resident Evil® 5, Borderlands, World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King, Batman®: Arkham Asylum and Star Trek® D-A-C.
"NVIDIA® is excited about the world's first 3D Vision notebook coming from ASUS," said Phil Eisler, General Manager of 3D Vision business unit at NVIDIA®. "The ASUS G51J 3D notebook will set the standard by which gaming and 3D notebooks will be judged. Congratulations to ASUS for achieving this monumental milestone!"
Complementing the immersive visual effects is EAX Advanced HD 4.0 3D audio technology and CMSS surround sound. EAX Advanced HD 4.0 audio technology enhances in-game environments and scenarios by providing corresponding three dimensional sound effects. It can provide up to 64 additional sound effects from its sound library and produces ultra-realistic spatial effects for more than 300 supported games. Together with high fidelity Altec Lansing® speakers, the ASUS G51J 3D delivers a gaming and multimedia audio experience that no other notebook can match.
A Juggernaut of Power: Multitasking and Gaming Performance
The ASUS G51J 3D is powered by the latest Intel® Core i7 mobile processor for powerful performance. It allows users to launch multiple applications and enjoy high definition multimedia and processor-intensive games effortlessly.
Set to Stun: Mind-blowing Graphics at Incredible Speeds
The main area of concern for any self-respecting gamer when it comes to a gaming notebook is graphics and the ASUS G51J 3D is designed specifically to meet and exceed expectations of a gaming notebook. ASUS engineers have circumvented the thermal and placement issues that typically could arise from fitting the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M into a 15.6-inch notebook. The ASUS G51J 3D achieved a 3DMark®06 score over 11,000*; a significant increase from other 15-inch to 16-inch notebooks in the market today.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,056 awards in 2008, and is widely credited with revolutionising the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit