Ad-Aware Caters to Gamers and Entertainment Fans with New Security Solution
Ad-Aware Game Edition provides relevant protection while you play. The world's most trusted anti-malware has been optimized for online gamers and entertainment enthusiasts to provide security against cyber creeps, without interrupting work and play, or straining system resources.
Gothenburg, Sweden (November 3, 2009) Lavasoft, makers of globally trusted Ad-Aware security software, today announced the release of Ad-Aware Game Edition - a spin-off of its flagship product - aimed specifically to meet the needs of today's online gamers and entertainment fans with real-time anti-virus and anti-spyware protection, and technology designed to deliver online protection without interruptions or resource strain.
"Gamers and online entertainment fans are in a high risk group in terms of computer security - spending long periods of time connected to the Internet, at risk from opportunistic cyber thieves. At the same time, there's a struggle to find security solutions that won't impact online experience. The Game Edition was developed specifically with the needs of this niche market in mind, giving users the ability to protect their privacy and security from cyber crooks as they work and play in full-screen mode," says Lavasoft CEO Jason King.
What Types of Threats Target Gamers?
The online games industry is booming and, according to the Malware Labs at Lavasoft, cyber thieves are cashing in. In fact, malware authors are capitalizing on the transfer of cash and virtual goods that takes place regularly in online games by developing Trojans aimed specifically at plundering passwords and harvesting log-in details from users of MMORPG's. The scammers are usually after the credit card and billing information for online game accounts, and even the virtual world loot, which they can auction off for real world money.
In the past nine months, the amount of unique signatures added to the Win32.TrojanPWS.Onlinegames family of threats in Ad-Aware's Detection Database of known malware increased by over 600 percent. According to Malware Labs at Lavasoft, the most common types of foul play that online gamers are bound to face include social engineering scams to gain log-in and account details, malware specifically targeting online games, and exploiting vulnerabilities in game servers and browsers, to name a few.
What Sets Ad-Aware Game Edition Apart?
Ad-Aware Game Edition addresses the age-old struggle in online gaming and virtual worlds of how to stay protected, without the interruptions or breaks in protection that other security software programs cause. While competitor products claim to 'suspend' protection while in full-screen mode, Ad-Aware Game Edition provides continuous protection, without interrupting the user with threat alerts; Ad-Aware automatically handles the blocking and removal of malware, allowing the user to focus on their virtual world - without worrying about their security.
Price and Availability
The Ad-Aware Game Edition is available immediately at https://www.shieldpowerup.com. Prices begin at $24.95 and include free technical support and continuous software updates throughout the license period. Trial versions are available as well. Each Game Edition purchase includes a choice of one free game from titles such as Peggle, Bejeweled 2, Ranch Rush, Mean Girls: High School Showdown, and Tradewinds Odyssey.
Founded in 1999, Lavasoft is "the original anti-spyware company", with over 400 million downloads worldwide for the flagship Ad-Aware product. A private company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, Lavasoft provides security solutions for individual consumers and enterprise clients alike, including anti-spyware, anti-virus, registry optimization, firewall, digital shredding, and encryption.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit