Dell Delivers Smallest 12.1-inch Rugged Convertible Tablet PC, First With Multi-Touch Technology
Latitude XT2 XFR is Purpose-Built to Meet Unique Requirements of Field Service Workers, Military, Law Enforcement and First Responders Thinnest 12.1-Inch Rugged, Convertible Tablet PC
ROUND ROCK, Texas, Oct. 27, 2009 - Dell today unveiled the industry's smallest 12.1-inch rugged convertible tablet PC that is the first with a multi-touch display, the Latitude XT2 XFR. The system is designed to meet the unique and demanding needs of customers in the military, police, border patrol, field service organizations, factory fulfillment and first responders.
The Latitude XT2 XFR adds to Dell's Rugged Mobility Solution offering that includes the fully rugged Latitude E6400 XFR and the semi-rugged Latitude E6400 ATG laptops. It also joins purpose-engineered products like the Latitude Z, Latitude 2100 netbook for education and Dell Precision M6400 mobile workstation as another step in Dell's strategy to develop differentiated form factors and solutions that meet specific customer usage needs.
Inspired by discussions with the defense, law enforcement, homeland security communities, field service departments and utility companies, Dell developed a convertible tablet that can adapt to changing mission requirements and withstand harsh environments. Features of the Latitude XT2 XFR include:
- At 1.5 inches (38.1 millimeters) it is the thinnest 12.1-inch rugged convertible tablet and starts at 5.4 pounds (2.45 kilograms) with four -cell battery and solid state drive[i], it is engineered and independently tested to meet MIL-810G standards for operation in harsh environments.
- Compression-sealed and rugged I/O doors, LCD, and keyboard, provide an IP54 level of Ingress Protection, or resistance to moisture and dust
The Latitude XT2 XFR can be installed in police or first-responder vehicles where critical information can be accessed with one hand. The Latitude XT2 XFR is also ideal for field-service and industrial manufacturing workforces who need an easy to carry, rugged system that can stand up to drops, spills and temperature extremes.
The Latitude XT2 XFR is available with Dell's optional remote management capabilities and next business day service and support.[ii]
The rugged tablet shares common images and components with the Dell Latitude XT2 tablet for easy integration into existing environments. The Latitude XT2 XFR also includes:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processors with up to 5GB[iii] of DDR3 1066 MHz memory.[iv]
- QuadCool Thermal Management System enables excellent performance, even in extreme temperatures from minus 10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Four -, six - and nine-cell battery options.
- Standard data security features that include Dell ControlVault and Dell ControlPoint, as well as optional solid state and spinning disk drives with full disk encryption.
- Impact resistant, sunlight viewable, 12.1-inch wide LED display with capacitive multi-touch gestures-enabled or optional resistive touch screen.
- Optional hot-swappable modules including GPS (in the coming weeks) and webcam.
- Optional expansion sliver provides camera/light, serial, and RJ11 inputs.
- An extensive range of optional accessories and services that include mobile rugged docking and mounting solutions in the coming weeks .
- A full complement of wireless connectivity options including wireless LAN 802.11 a/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 and mobile broadband.
The XT2 XFR will be available in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, online and via Dell's PartnerDirect program. It starts at $3,599 and more information is available here.
"The Latitude XT2 XFR is more than a laptop, it's a key part of our mobile command and data-center solutions for field service, defense and first-responder customers," said Paul Bell, president, Dell Global Public-Sector Business. "These unique solutions, coupled with our service model, make those communities more effective, enabling them to focus on their core missions instead of managing technology."
"We are listening and delivering purpose-engineered products based on unique usage models within customers' environment," said Steve Lalla, vice president and general manager, Business Client Product Group, Dell, Inc. "The Latitude XT2 XFR is a perfect example where feedback told us that customers needed the innovative functionality of the Latitude XT2 with the ability to perform in rugged environments."
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de