Introducing the XFX RadeonÂ™ HD 5870 and 5850 Graphics Cards - Reality Just Stepped Up Its Game
Hong Kong, September 23, 2009 - Gamers are always pushing for the ultimate realistic gaming experience, and the XFX RadeonÂ™ HD 5800 Series graphics cards brings them three enormous steps closer to their ideal.
First, ATI Eyefinity Technology enables gamers to see things like never before, with the ability to spread out across three displays at resolutions of up to 1080 pixels. Offering the first-ever "wrap-around" in-picture experience, gamers can surround themselves in the digital world, or, if productivity is the goal, maximize workspace with the ability to see more windows simultaneously. A DisplayPort connection is required for the third panel to be visible.
Second, ATI Stream Technology ensures that today's demanding games play faster at higher resolutions. This state-of-the-art technology boosts systems performance by offloading tasks that were previously sent to the CPU to the GPU. The result? A more evenly balanced platform that can handle greater capacities at faster speeds.
Third, the XFX Radeon HD 5870 and 5850 are the first cards to offer full support for MicrosoftÂ® DirectXÂ® 11. Now, gamers can push their experience to the limit, going the distance with the highest resolutions at maximum settings. Striking 3D effects are there for the asking thanks to features like HDR Texture Compression, DirectCompute and Tessellation.
Additionally, consumers who purchase either card will have the ability to download a free copy of DiRT2, the first video game to take full advantage of all three technologies. DiRT2 downloads will be available starting December 11, 2009.
The XFX Radeon 5850 and 5870 graphics cards also feature a second generation TeraScale engine that provides a dramatic increase in processing power over previous generations. Two teraFLOPS of power enable gamers to carve through the most demanding games and GDDR5 memory technology provides twice the data per pin of GDDR3 memory at similar clock speeds, enabling these GPU's to be more nimble and responsive than previous graphics cards.
Additional features include ATI CrossFireXÂ™ technology, which offers gamers up to 180% better gaming performance in dual-mode. ATI AvivoÂ™ technology maximizes the Blu-ray movie experience with brighter whites for more vivid video playback. And ATI PowerPlayÂ™ balances computing needs, keeping the power draw low when GPU activity is reduced.
As easy as 1, 2, 3, XFX has helped reality step up its game. To learn more about the XFX RadeonÂ™ HD 5870 and 5850 graphics cards, visit https://www.xfxforce.com.
XFX is a global presence in the world of electronic gaming. With its focus on taking gaming to the extreme, XFX has developed an exciting array of video cards and accessories that are designed to maximize the entire entertainment experience. A division of PINE Technologies, XFX operates its own manufacturing facility and maintains an R&D team that features some of the industry's most renowned talents. Learn more about XFX at https://www.xfxforce.com.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard