GIGABYTE Presents Radeon¬ô HD 5800 Series Graphics Cards, First to Offer Full Support for Microsoft DirectX¬ģ 11
Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays
Taipei, Taiwan, September 23, 2009 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today is pleased to launch the latest addition to its selection of premium graphics cards. GIGABYTE's GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B are built using ATI RadeonTM HD 5800 Series GPUs ¬¨¬¨¬¨¬¨¬¨¬¨¬¨‚ĒÄ which are based on 40nm process and advanced GDDR5 memory technology. These powerful new GPUs provide for a host of innovative new features including Microsoft DirectX¬ģ 11, ATI Eyefinity Technology, ATI Stream technology, Quad mode ATI CrossFireX¬ô multi-GPU support, UVD 2 and PowerPlay¬ô, and offer an incredibly immersive HD gaming experience and unrivaled performance.
The GIGABYTE GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B feature ATI's latest 2nd Generation TeraScale graphics engine, boasting the power of more than 2 teraFLOPS with 1600 and 1440 stream processors respectively. With 1GB GDDR5 memory, the GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B provide twice the data per pin of GDDR3 memory at the same clock speeds. Benefiting from ATI Eyefinity Technology, every gamer can run up to 3 displays from a single graphics board and expand the field of view across all displays. End-users can enjoy the ultimate gaming experience with innovative "wrap around" multi-display capabilities with ATI Eyefinity Technology. Furthermore, using ATI Stream Technology, every user can easily unleash the massive parallel processing power of GPU for physics, artificial intelligence, stream computing and ray tracing calculations, and tackle demanding tasks like video transcoding with incredible speed.
To respond to every power gamer for a no-compromise HD gaming experience, the GIGABYTE GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B are the first to offer full support for Microsoft DirectX¬ģ 11 for life-like realism and stunning 3D gaming effects. Gamers can get striking 3D visual effects and dynamic interactivity with DirectX¬ģ 11 support, including features like Tessellation, HDR Texture Compression, Multi-threading and DirectCompute. Microsoft DirectX¬ģ 11 brings new levels of visual realism to gaming on the PC and gamers can dominate the competition with GIGABYTE GV-R5800 Series graphics cards.
In order to provide the best digital audio/video interconnection between a computer and display monitor or home-theater system, the GIGABYTE GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B are capable of outputting DispalyPort signals. The new generation DisplayPort interface supports higher resolutions, richer color depth, and increased refresh rate performance, delivering 10.8Gbps of bandwidth over previous generations of connectivity options such as DVI, LVDS and VGA. With added DisplayPort connectivity on the GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B, PC gamers are able to play all the latest games on their large-screen home theater displays, providing an audio and visual experience unmatched by any of today's console gaming systems. Furthermore, the GIGABYTE GV-R5800 Series are equipped with ATI PowerPlay¬ô technology for breakthrough power and consumption, maximizing performance per watt by delivering the highest level of high performance when needed and conserving power when the demand on the GPU is low.
For more details of the GIGABYTE GV-R587D5-1GD-B and GV-R585D5-1GD-B, please visit the GIGABYTE VGA website at: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Default.aspx
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit https://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market