Corsair® launches ultra-high performance Dominator GT family for AMD Phenom II Processors
Ultra low-latency CAS 6 memory kit delivers maximum performance on AMD's Socket AM3 platforms
Fremont, CA, July 29th, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced the new Dominator GT line of ultra-high performance DDR3 memory modules, designed specifically for AMD Phenom II processor-based platforms using Socket AM3 motherboards.
The new 4GB (2 x 2GB) Dominator GT memory kit has been precision engineered to operate at a frequency of 1600MHz with ultra low-latency timings of 6-6-6-18 and a Command Rate of 1T. These settings are a perfect match for the latest, high-performance Socket AM3 AMD Phenom II processors, which feature an advanced, low-latency, integrated DDR3 memory controller.
"Corsair's Dominator line has long been the memory of choice for PC enthusiasts and gamers," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing at Corsair. "The new Dominator GT family for platforms with AM3-based AMD Phenom II processors delivers even greater levels of performance, as well as enhanced cooling options, making it the perfect memory for anyone looking for the fastest possible performance from their AM3 AMD Phenom II processor-based system."
Testing in the Corsair Lab using an AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition processor and Asus Crosshair formula motherboard has shown average performance improvements of up to 20% when using the 1600MHz CAS 6 Dominator GT memory, when compared to standard 1333MHz DDR3 memory.
The 1600MHz CAS 6 Dominator GT kit for AM3 platforms with AMD Phenom II processors also utilizes the new DHX+ heatsink, which uniquely cools both the memory ICs and PCB, and includes removable cooling fins that allow for advanced cooling devices to be fitted. These include the recently announced Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H30 water-block and Ice Series T30 thermo-electric memory cooler, which can cool the modules up to 20°C below ambient temperature for extreme overclocking performance.
The 1600MHz CAS 6 Dominator GT also supports AMD's Black Edition Memory Profiles (B.E.M.P), which allows for the aggressive latency settings to be automatically configured in Windows using the AMD OverDrive software utility.*
"We are thrilled to see Corsair offer the Dominator line exclusively for socket AM3 platforms featuring AMD Phenom II processors," stated Bob Grim, senior manager, Client Product Marketing, AMD. "And in supporting Black Edition Memory Profiles, Corsair can help take overclockers to the next level by utilizing intelligent, dynamic profiles rather than simple SPD parameters."
In addition to the 1600MHz CAS 6 Dominator GT, Corsair will be offering very limited quantities of hand-screened, hand-tuned, extreme performance modules in both lower speed grades and latencies. These new modules compliment Corsair's currently available lineup of performance-matched twin-packs of Dominator and XMS DDR3 memory modules, which are also fully compatible with AM3 AMD Phenom II processor-based platforms.
Because the complexity in screening, manufacturing and testing, the 1600MHz CAS 6 Dominator GT kit will be available only through the exclusive Corsair Performance Store at https://www.corsair.com, which also stocks the full range of Corsair Cooling options for the Dominator GT family.
For more information about Dominator GT products, please visit corsair.com/products/dominatorgt
*AMD's product warranty does not cover damage caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD OverDrive software.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including Dominator memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash Voyager® and Flash Survivor USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com/
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market