TRENDnet Now Shipping the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -July 30, 2008-TRENDnet, a best-in-class networking manufacturer of wired and wireless networking solutions today announces the availability of the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-672GR, which offers unsurpassed wireless speed, coverage and reliability.
Most wireless routers currently use the crowded 2.4GHz radio band to transmit wireless signals. This radio band is also shared by devices such as wireless telephones, microwave ovens, radio controlled toys and neighboring wireless routers and access points. The 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router offers the choice of using the 2.4GHz or the less crowded 5.0GHz radio band to optimize performance in high-interference wireless environments.
Four Gigabit Local Area Network ports on the back of the router allow users to transfer data at Gigabit speeds between their wired devices. A Gigabit Wide Area Network port ensures the fastest possible connection to the Internet. A double firewall using Network Address Translation (NAT) and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) protocols protects from Internet attacks.
Three external antennas powered by Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology reduce wireless dead spots by dramatically expanding wireless coverage. Advanced WPA and WPA2-based wireless encryption keeps unwanted guests from accessing your wireless network. A unique wireless On/Off switch offers the highest level of protection-simply flip the external switch to turn off the wireless router function.
Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. WPS automates the adapter connection process by generating many of the keys that once needed to be manually entered. With up to 14 times the speed and 6 times the coverage of a wireless g network, users can stream HD media, download files, surf and play games all at the same time.
"Dual Band wireless n routers use the full 802.11n draft 2.0 specification, thereby delivering optimal wireless performance in areas with high wireless interference," stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "End users often detect many neighboring wireless networks from their home. These wireless networks and other devices most likely function on the 2.4GHz radio band and may interfere with their respective wireless router. Dual Band wireless n routers can avoid this interference by connecting to supporting dual band adapters using the 5.0GHz radio band."
The 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router (model TEW-672GR) will be available through TRENDnet's retail, online store and distribution partners. Visit https://www.trendnet.com for more details.
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit https://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit