LG Display Develops Full HD 3D Monitor Panel with Enhanced Brightness
LG Display Co., Ltd., a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, announced today that it has succeeded in developing a Full HD 23-inch 3D LCD panel with enhanced brightness for monitors.
The 3D panel employs LG Display's proprietary technology to realize Full HD images with twice the brightness of conventional 3D LCD panels. The product boasts the world's highest brightness among 3D displays. 3D LCDs apply time-sequential technologies so that the right and left eyes see different images. This makes the images look three-dimensional for human eye. In conventional 3D LCDs, the technologies were generally installed outside the panel or into the viewing glass.
However LG Display embedded most of the 3D technologies directly in the panel, which enabled this product to make 3D viewing brighter and overcome the previous technical limitations. Specifically, 3D viewing is possible with low-priced polarized glasses-translating into economical benefits for the consumers, while conventional 3D LCD panels usually require special viewing glasses which are costlier.
LG Display's CTO and Executive Vice-President In-Jae Chung said, "The display industry players are shifting their focus from two-dimensional to three-dimensional technologies in order to deliver more vibrant and true images. LG Display will step up development of 3D technologies and products to provide customers and consumers with differentiated value."
LG Display will showcase its new Full HD 23-inch 3D LCD panel with enhanced brightness and more during the upcoming Society for Information Displays(SID) 2009 in San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit