LG Display Develops Full HD 3D Monitor Panel with Enhanced Brightness
LG Display Co., Ltd., a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, announced today that it has succeeded in developing a Full HD 23-inch 3D LCD panel with enhanced brightness for monitors.
The 3D panel employs LG Display's proprietary technology to realize Full HD images with twice the brightness of conventional 3D LCD panels. The product boasts the world's highest brightness among 3D displays. 3D LCDs apply time-sequential technologies so that the right and left eyes see different images. This makes the images look three-dimensional for human eye. In conventional 3D LCDs, the technologies were generally installed outside the panel or into the viewing glass.
However LG Display embedded most of the 3D technologies directly in the panel, which enabled this product to make 3D viewing brighter and overcome the previous technical limitations. Specifically, 3D viewing is possible with low-priced polarized glasses-translating into economical benefits for the consumers, while conventional 3D LCD panels usually require special viewing glasses which are costlier.
LG Display's CTO and Executive Vice-President In-Jae Chung said, "The display industry players are shifting their focus from two-dimensional to three-dimensional technologies in order to deliver more vibrant and true images. LG Display will step up development of 3D technologies and products to provide customers and consumers with differentiated value."
LG Display will showcase its new Full HD 23-inch 3D LCD panel with enhanced brightness and more during the upcoming Society for Information Displays(SID) 2009 in San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam