Affordable, Ultra Comfortable, One-Size-Fits-All, High Performance Wireless Glove with Powerful Haptics that Virtually "Feel" Textures with a 6 Millisecond Response Time Features 30% Longer Battery Life for All-Day Use
September 5, 2019, Berkeley, CA - the leader in smart fabric sensor technology with over four million state-of-the-art wearable smart fabric sensors shipped, announced today the new BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition, the first all-day affordable high performance wireless VR/AR haptic glove built for business. Targeted to the enterprise market, the ultra-comfortable one-size-fits-all Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition provides true real-time haptic feedback that lets users "feel" textures and surfaces and move digital objects around as if they existed in real life. Currently used by Fortune 500 customers, Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition's applications include Virtual Reality enterprise training, VR medical trials/rehabilitation, robotics and drone control, VR CAD design and review, and more.
Based on Award-Winning Bebop Sensors Forte Wireless Data Glove -- Winner of Time Magazine Award
Based on the award-winning BeBop Sensors Forte Wireless Data Glove, the first fully featured affordable wireless data glove to incorporate haptics and super accurate rapid sensing, the new BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition is now faster, with an under 6 millisecond response time and all-day battery life. The enterprise glove now also features a more comfortable design to fit most everyone, and incorporates more powerful haptics for truly intuitive hand interactions that "feel" different textures, with a realistic experience when touching a table or robot versus a piece of velvet, or a person's face - resulting in far more accurate and immersive experience.
"In applications employing VR, sensory touch, along with visual and audio, will contribute greatly to the overall experience and results. BeBop's Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition is solving a real need in the market," said James Hayward, Principal Analyst at IDTechEx. "We expect the market for products with advanced haptic features for VR to grow at more than 50% per year through to 2024."
Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition Features:
- More comfortable, fits most people.
- Hygienic and breathable open palm design.
- More powerful haptics for an intuitive feel of different textures and surfaces.
- Longer battery life for all day use.
- Faster sensor speeds at 160Hz.
- Waterproof sensors.
- More accurate instantaneous response.
- Price competitive.
Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition Specs:
- 160 frames per second data rate eliminates lag for instantaneous response times, perfect for the most demanding enterprise applications.
- 10 smart fabric bend sensors located above each knuckle provide bend accuracy and repeatability at +/- 1.5 degrees.
- 9 degree IMU (Inertial Measurement Units) provide extremely low drift and reliable pre-blended accelerometer and gyro sensor data.
- 6 haptic actuators are located on 4 fingertips, the thumb, and the palm.
- Up to 16 unique haptic sound files can be resident on the glove with new files rapidly uploaded over Bluetooth or USB.
- Micro USB-C connector charges the internal lithium battery in 2 hours for an all-day battery life.
- Accuracy and precision is provided by proprietary finger bend sensors with an under 6 millisecond response time.
- Universal support for a variety of development environments (Unity, Unreal, Windows API, Java Support, and more).
- Quick and easy integration within hours with an API and documentation.
- Calibration in under 5 seconds.
"Our new Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition raises the bar bringing Virtual Reality into the corporate environment," said Keith McMillen, Founder and CEO, BeBop Sensors. "We are proud to help advance Virtual Reality technology for practical daily enterprise use for training, medical, architectural, manufacturing, robotics, and drones, creating a fully tested and realized, safer world."