Vuzix Expands 3D Format Support for Video Eyewear and Includes Automatic 3D Sensing
Newly updated 3D feature automatically configures the video eyewear to field sequential, side by side and anaglyph formats
Rochester, NY - April 29th, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation, the leader in video eyewear for the consumer, defense and low vision markets, is thrilled to announce expanded 3D video format support for its AV Video Eyewear products. In addition to continued support for standard 2-D video, the 3D video format upgrade is being expanded to include field sequential, side by side and 3 formats of anaglyph. A new Auto 3D sensing feature enables Vuzix video eyewear to immediately determine a 3D video format and effortlessly configure the eyewear for 3D display of your chosen content.
The 3D format support upgrade and the Auto 3D feature are being added to all new Vuzix iWear® AV models. Additionally, a downloadable free firmware update will enable existing video eyewear customers with compatible models to upgrade their eyewear with these great new features.
3D is experiencing a rapid reemergence as major motion picture studios announce 3D titles, major networks broadcast in 3D and internet availability and interest in 3D video content increases. 3D video is being released in a variety of formats, requiring its audience to use a multi-format compatible viewer or end up with limited content options. Vuzix' expanded support now encompasses all major 3D formats and allows users to select the correct option through a simple on-screen selection. To further simplify the process, 3D video content containing a Vuzix 3D watermark will automatically configure the video eyewear to display the appropriate format.
"While it is amazing to see the explosion in 3D content showing up in NBA game broadcasts and various sports and entertainment broadcasts across the globe; it's equally frustrating to see the challenges the industry faces with multiple competing formats," said Vuzix CEO, Paul Travers. "By supporting all common 3D formats and allowing the user to easily select between them, we'll ensure full compatibility and optimal viewing performance and enjoyment," added Travers.
For additional information and to download the iWear® 3D Upgrade, please visit https://www.vuzix.com.
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix Corporation manufactures and sells video eyewear for the entertainment, defense, industrial and low vision medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that can be used practically anywhere, anytime. Currently Vuzix produces the broadest range of video eyewear solutions in each of its various markets, including 3D video, virtual and augmented reality solutions. The company is revolutionizing the personal display industry and aims to continue to create mobile products that can enrich both the personal and work lives of its customers. Vuzix has won eight CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit https://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases discrete GPU prototype, powered by Raja Koduri
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit