Vuzix Expands 3D Format Support for Video Eyewear and Includes Automatic 3D Sensing
Newly updated 3D feature automatically configures the video eyewear to field sequential, side by side and anaglyph formats
Rochester, NY - April 29th, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation, the leader in video eyewear for the consumer, defense and low vision markets, is thrilled to announce expanded 3D video format support for its AV Video Eyewear products. In addition to continued support for standard 2-D video, the 3D video format upgrade is being expanded to include field sequential, side by side and 3 formats of anaglyph. A new Auto 3D sensing feature enables Vuzix video eyewear to immediately determine a 3D video format and effortlessly configure the eyewear for 3D display of your chosen content.
The 3D format support upgrade and the Auto 3D feature are being added to all new Vuzix iWear® AV models. Additionally, a downloadable free firmware update will enable existing video eyewear customers with compatible models to upgrade their eyewear with these great new features.
3D is experiencing a rapid reemergence as major motion picture studios announce 3D titles, major networks broadcast in 3D and internet availability and interest in 3D video content increases. 3D video is being released in a variety of formats, requiring its audience to use a multi-format compatible viewer or end up with limited content options. Vuzix' expanded support now encompasses all major 3D formats and allows users to select the correct option through a simple on-screen selection. To further simplify the process, 3D video content containing a Vuzix 3D watermark will automatically configure the video eyewear to display the appropriate format.
"While it is amazing to see the explosion in 3D content showing up in NBA game broadcasts and various sports and entertainment broadcasts across the globe; it's equally frustrating to see the challenges the industry faces with multiple competing formats," said Vuzix CEO, Paul Travers. "By supporting all common 3D formats and allowing the user to easily select between them, we'll ensure full compatibility and optimal viewing performance and enjoyment," added Travers.
For additional information and to download the iWear® 3D Upgrade, please visit https://www.vuzix.com.
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix Corporation manufactures and sells video eyewear for the entertainment, defense, industrial and low vision medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that can be used practically anywhere, anytime. Currently Vuzix produces the broadest range of video eyewear solutions in each of its various markets, including 3D video, virtual and augmented reality solutions. The company is revolutionizing the personal display industry and aims to continue to create mobile products that can enrich both the personal and work lives of its customers. Vuzix has won eight CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit https://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market