MELBOURNE, VIC. - Feb. 12, 2019 - Hyper Jam, the neon-soaked arena brawler from Bit Dragon, invites all challengers to join the fight now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Step into the ring and annihilate the competition with a combined arsenal of lethal weaponry and superpowers. Wield katanas, rocket launchers, crossbows, and other deadly arms in lightning-fast matches that support up to four players both locally and online with cross-platform matchmaking. Upgrade characters between rounds by drafting from a range of transformative perks that amplify one another, open up new strategies, and create destructive combinations.
Hyper Jam's furious tempo rewards constant movement, but mind the surroundings while dodging incoming attacks and pursuing enemies. Each stage features environmental hazards, like the Miami hotel's treacherous ledges or Neo-Tokyo's speeding subway trains, that can neutralize a player as quickly as any weapon.
Once dispatched, a fallen player can fire laser strikes at their living counterparts to finish them off. They will also receive priority over the others when drafting perks for the next round, giving underdogs an opportunity to come back after the leaders with their preferred powerups. Winners will have to make do with whatever is left - and to pull off an ultimate victory after reaching the score limit, they will need to outlast everyone in one final round to become champion.
"Hyper Jam has been a labor of love for our team," said Roman Maksymyschyn, Director, Bit Dragon. "It combines our love of fast-paced multiplayer action and '80s aesthetics into an incredible experience whether you're looking for a party game to enjoy casually with friends or something more strategic and seriously competitive. No matter which camp you fall into, we hope you'll give Hyper Jam a go now that it's available for consoles and PC."
Drawing inspiration from the '80s in more ways than one, Hyper Jam pairs its retrofuturistic visuals with a killer synthwave soundtrack featuring familiar tracks from Carpenter Brut, Dance With the Dead, and other favorites that echo the intense gameplay on-screen.
Hyper Jam is out now for $14.99 / Ã¢,Â¬14.99 / $22.45 AUD across both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. On PC, the game is available for $12.99 / Ã¢,Â¬10.79 / $18.50 AUD. Meanwhile, Steam users and North American PlayStation Plus subscribers can currently purchase Hyper Jam at a 10% discount, while European PlayStation Plus subscribers receive 15% off. The arena brawler features English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish language support options.
To learn more about Hyper Jam, please visit the official website, follow the game on Twitter, Instagram, like it on Facebook, and join the Discord server.
About Bit Dragon:
Bit Dragon is a small indie studio based in Melbourne, Australia. This group of talented young developers are dedicated to crafting unforgettable and highly-polished multiplayer experiences.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5