PGL and KeSPA (Korea e-Sports Association) announce their new partnership to run CS:GO tournaments in South Korea, beginning with the PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia taking place between May 5-8, 2016 in the Nexon eSports Arena, Seoul.
The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia will reinvent the Asian CS:GO scene, setting itself apart as the first tournament of its kind to take place in South Korea.
The event will include eight of the most popular up-and-coming Asian teams and the biggest prize pool for a CS:GO tournament in Korean history: $50.000. Furthermore, the top two placed teams will get a spot in the offline qualifier for the next CS:GO Major (as of yet unannounced).
Teams Mongolz and Renegades have been directly invited, based on their past performances. The six other squads which will make up the tournament's groups will be fielded via open qualifiers:
- Korean Qualifier - 2 teams;
- China Qualifier - 2 teams;
- South - Eastern Asia Qualifier - 2 teams.
Prize pool breakdown
1st place: $30,000
2nd place $15,000
3rd place: $5,000
Korean fans will be able to enjoy this one-of-a-kind event live in the Nexon eSports Arena (free entrance) or through IPTV and CATV, marking another first for the local CS:GO scene: the first tournament to be broadcast on television.
For updates on the PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia, including the qualifier schedule and talent line-up, please check the official competition website.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- ViewSonic shows off new gaming displays at CES 2018
- NBA Jam remake teased, and now it needs to happen
- Twitter is 'creepy Big Brother', has access to your DMs
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series