VR production and distribution company, Virtual Reality Entertainment, has signed a production partnership with global sports giants EXTREME. As well as being the exclusive producers of 360Â° film content at EXTREME's events, VIRTUAL REALITY ENTERTAINMENT will also be producing a 360Â° narrative feature film set in the world of Drift motorsports.
Both the short form event content and longer format narrative feature will be produced so as to be compatible with all VR platforms. The first releases will be the first three installments of the EXTREME Drift Allstars, Latvian Grand Prix - Parts 1-3, 360 degree trailer can be viewed here:
Alistair Gosling, CEO of Extreme Sports, said:
"We are delighted to be working with Virtual Reality Entertainment to bring the thrills of Action and Motor Sports to the world of Virtual Reality. Our first production looks set for a Q1 2016 release in conjunction with the hard launch of several new HMDs and VR platforms. The content we are producing is a perfect fit for the new VR market and we are looking forward to growing the production slate throughout 2016 and beyond."
Virtual Reality Entertainment are also working with a roster of high profile producers and directors across the genre spectrum and plans are in place for the production of several other narrative features in 2016/17.
With four productions already under their belt and eleven more in development, Virtual Reality Entertainment are already establishing themselves as the go-to production company for Virtual Reality 360Â° film production in the UK. Tom Clark of Virtual Reality Entertainment said:
"Virtual Reality and 360 degree Film Production is an incredibly exciting new media format which we started working on back in 2013 with the release of Oculus DK1. The new HMD platforms offer a totally revolutionary landscape for creating immersive, engaging entertainment experiences. With such an extreme leap forward in terms of viewing format, to a large extent, the rules of filmmaking will need to be rewritten - it's a very exciting time"
EXTREME has a roster of over 70 sponsored ambassadors as well as an engaged social media community with a reach of over 400,000,000 p/m and video views of over 100,000,000 p/m.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower