VR production and distribution company, Virtual Reality Entertainment, has signed a production partnership with global sports giants EXTREME. As well as being the exclusive producers of 360Â° film content at EXTREME's events, VIRTUAL REALITY ENTERTAINMENT will also be producing a 360Â° narrative feature film set in the world of Drift motorsports.
Both the short form event content and longer format narrative feature will be produced so as to be compatible with all VR platforms. The first releases will be the first three installments of the EXTREME Drift Allstars, Latvian Grand Prix - Parts 1-3, 360 degree trailer can be viewed here:
Alistair Gosling, CEO of Extreme Sports, said:
"We are delighted to be working with Virtual Reality Entertainment to bring the thrills of Action and Motor Sports to the world of Virtual Reality. Our first production looks set for a Q1 2016 release in conjunction with the hard launch of several new HMDs and VR platforms. The content we are producing is a perfect fit for the new VR market and we are looking forward to growing the production slate throughout 2016 and beyond."
Virtual Reality Entertainment are also working with a roster of high profile producers and directors across the genre spectrum and plans are in place for the production of several other narrative features in 2016/17.
With four productions already under their belt and eleven more in development, Virtual Reality Entertainment are already establishing themselves as the go-to production company for Virtual Reality 360Â° film production in the UK. Tom Clark of Virtual Reality Entertainment said:
"Virtual Reality and 360 degree Film Production is an incredibly exciting new media format which we started working on back in 2013 with the release of Oculus DK1. The new HMD platforms offer a totally revolutionary landscape for creating immersive, engaging entertainment experiences. With such an extreme leap forward in terms of viewing format, to a large extent, the rules of filmmaking will need to be rewritten - it's a very exciting time"
EXTREME has a roster of over 70 sponsored ambassadors as well as an engaged social media community with a reach of over 400,000,000 p/m and video views of over 100,000,000 p/m.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD Threadripper 2990X 32-core monster detailed in leak
- Mario Tennis Aces will feature Diddy Kong & more as DLC's
- WWE 2K19 Special Editions revealed and release date unveil
- Disney and Nintendo partner for a Nintendo Switch TV show
- Gift Unravel Two on Xbox One and get 1 month of EA Access
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- ASUS ProArt PA27AC Monitor: The Best Workstation Monitor?!
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components
- FS Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ 256GB SM-G965U New $751CAD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit