Australian game and technology specialist agency, Surprise Attack Consulting, today announced a new identity: Double Jump Communications. Remaining part of the Surprise Attack group, Double Jump will now focus purely on helping companies reach the Australian and New Zealand gaming audience.
The rebrand comes due to significant growth within the Surprise Attack group, with its agency division picking up substantial new clients and its independent publishing label, Surprise Attack Games, achieving success with several game launches, most notably Hacknet.
The Double Jump team, lead by Director of Business, Paul Houlihan, brings deep specialist knowledge of all kinds of games and related technologies, years of experience in the Australian and New Zealand markets and a broad set of marketing capabilities including PR, events, social media, community management and esports. As a boutique agency, with a laser focus on games and related products, it has attracted and retained a succession of new clients during 2015 including Plantronics, Nexon America, Hi-Rez Studios, Razer and Elgato.
"Surprise Attack started as an indie marketing consultancy, but over time we've found the best way to work with indies is as a publisher, where we can be more invested over the long term and take the same risks they do," said Chris Wright, Managing Director at Surprise Attack. "Meanwhile, our consulting division has become the leading games-specialist agency in Australia and the time is now right to give it its own identity."
"It's been a whirlwind 6 months since I joined, and we are excited to enter a new year with a new identity. Following great wins with our clients, our talented team are looking towards the future, and are excited about the changing games and tech landscape in Australia and New Zealand. Getting to the next level requires a double jump", added Paul Houlihan, Director of Business at Double Jump Communications.
Looking forwards to 2016, Double Jump has a busy start to the year ahead handling the media for RTX Australia as well as some exciting new clients, to be announced shortly.
A brief history of Surprise Attack
- Founded by industry veteran and former Head of Marketing for THQ Asia Pacific, Chris Wright, in October 2011, Surprise Attack began with an initial focus on helping independent game developers, going on to provide marketing services to over 100 small studios
- In July 2013, the company launched Surprise Attack Games, an independent games publishing label
- At the start of 2014, the company started to operate as two divisions - Surprise Attack Consulting and Surprise Attack Games. Surprise Attack Consulting started to shift away from working with independent developers and towards larger companies wanting to reach ANZ markets. The company signed several major clients in 2014 including Razer, Plantronics, Nexon and Hi-Rez Studios.
- In 2015 the company saw significant growth across both divisions. New clients included Elgato, Team 17, RTX Australia whilst the Surprise Attack Games publishing label saw success from titles such as Hacknet and Screencheat.
- In June 2015 the company restructured to provide greater autonomy between the two divisions and brought Paul Houlihan on board as Director of Business to head up the agency team.
- In December 2015 the company rebranded the Surprise Attack Consulting division as Double Jump Communications, providing greater identity to the division whilst continuing to work under the umbrella of Surprise Attack and alongside the Surprise Attack Games label.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam