Far Cry 6 runs at a slightly higher maximum resolution on Xbox Series X than it does on PlayStation 5, but both consoles still use dynamic resolution scaling.
Far Cry 6 looks pretty good on PS5--although it should thanks to its huge 26GB+ HD Texture Pack--but apparently the game might look even better on Xbox Series X. According to findings from VG Tech, Far Cry 6 on the Series X can actually hit 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160p. Since the game is dynamically scaled in order to maintain 60FPS on both systems there's also a low point of 3072 x 1728 resolution on the Series X, which is still pretty good.
The numbers aren't that much different on PlayStation 5. The console pushes a comparatively lower max resolution of 3392 x 1908 and a minimum resolution of 2944 x 1656. The numbers show the PS5's resolution targets are roughly 12% lower than those on Xbox Series X. So if you have both consoles you might want to just pick the Xbox Series X version (of course the game looks best on PC, especially with higher-end cards).
All consoles including the Series S maintain a rock-solid 60FPS throughout gameplay.
- Xbox Series X - Highest res 3840x2160, lowest res 3072x1728
- PS5 - Highest res 3392x1908, lowest res 2944x1656
- Xbox Series S - Highest res 2560x1440, lowest res 1920x1080
- > NEXT STORY: Starfield may require more storage space than any other Bethesda game
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Gearbox establishes new leadership as it ramps up for expansion