Nintendo just reported its Q1 earnings for FY22 and total software is down by 17.7% compared to record-breaking pandemic surges, but overall Switch game sales are still growing.
Nintendo's latest sales figures reiterate that gamers buy Nintendo products to primarily play first party games, with over 70% of total game sales revenue coming from wholly-owned titles. Case in point: The entire Switch top 10 best-selling games chart is made up of releases developed by Nintendo.
The top 10 chart saw some interesting fluctuations from Q4 FY21 to Q1 FY22. The fitness game Ring Fit Adventure actually pushed New Super Mario Bros. U off the top 10 list, and Super Mario Party saw a healthy spike of 930,000 sales to beat out Let's Go Pokemon Evee and Pikachu. Otherwise the list positioning has remained the same.
One interesting thing to note is that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold over 1.6 million copies through Q1, and Animal Crossing is still moving over 1 million units per quarter despite having become the fastest-selling Switch game on the market.
Nintendo Switch top 10 best-sellers:
- Mario Kart 8 - 37.08 million
- Animal Crossing New Horizons - 33.89 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 24.77 million
- Breath of the Wild - 23.2 million
- Pokemon Sword and Shield - 21.85 million
- ]Super Mario Odyssey - 21.4 million
- Super Mario Party -15.72 million
- Pokemon Let's Go - 13.57 million
- Splatoon 2 - 12.45 million
- Ring Fit Adventure - 11.26 million
More Nintendo news:
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox, SEGA, and Atari console sales showdown
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo Switch to beat Wii and Game Boy sales in 2022