Thomas Happ reveals more details on Axiom Verge 2 in the recent Future Games Show event.
The mystery of Axiom Verge 2 is slowly peeling away, and now we know the game is actually a prequel set before the original game. It's also a standalone experience that doesn't require players to beat (or even play) Axiom Verge 1.
"I eventually decided to break down the story of Axiom Verge into multiple parts, with multiple perspectives, each intended to be its own game," Happ said in the presentation.
"Most of the events of Axiom Verge 2 take place before Axiom Verge 1, but they're each standalone complementary experiences so you can play them in either order."
Happ also briefly introduce the game's main character, Indra, who's a secretive tech mogul who discovers an alternate earth in the frosty wildlands of Antarctica. The dev was careful not to make things too spoilery and reveal too many details, but here's what we've gleaned so far:
- Takes place before Axiom Verge
- Main character is named Indra, mysterious billionaire who runs the Globe 3 conglomerate
- Mechanics are very different, but old players will feel at home
- Tons of secrets throughout various levels
Axiom Verge 2 releases on the Epic Games Store for PC and Nintendo Switch this Spring.
- > NEXT STORY: Back 4 Blood puts a spin on zombie survival with roguelite card system
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Titanfall titans and wall running seem to be coming to Apex Legends