Cyber Shadow, the new rockin' retro hack-and-slash platformer from one-man indie studio Mechanical Head Studios, just got a Fall 2020 release date. And an amazing trailer.
Today Yacht Club Games' publishing arm showcased a new gameplay trailer for Cyber Shadow, a new stylish indie that we all need in our lives. If you're not convinced just check out the trailer above. Luckily we won't have to wait too long to play it.
Cyber Shadow has it all: A killer soundtrack, old-school graphics right out of an NES game, platformer action with fast-paced slice-and-dice combat, huge ridiculous monstrous bosses, a storyline straight out of a 1990s comic book, and even Shovel Knight's (well should I say Scrooge McDuck's) signature downward sword pogo bounce attack.
There's even double-jump flips right out of TMNT, a nice sword-dash attack, and magic powers thrown in to boot (hell I even saw a motorcycle level). The signature wall-grappling found in Sunsoft and Tecmo games isn't present so we won't have to worry about the insane anxiety as we play, but the gameplay looks fluid, colorful, and just plain awesome. SIGN ME UP.
The game also supports Shovel Knight amiibos. Scanning any Shovel Knight amiibo unlocks a special floating fairy helper that assists you in battle. You can scan Shovel Knight, Plague Knight, Specter Knight, or King Knight in Cyber Shadow.
Cyber Shadow releases sometime in Fall 2020 on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam. Check out more info about the game below:
- Dash, slice, and leap through masterfully designed levels filled with sharply honed ninja platforming action.
- Authentic 8-bit presentation with hand-crafted sprites, a detailed pixel aesthetic, and perfect controls. Modern touches like fluid animation, multi-layered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Take down more than a dozen apocalyptic bosses, from enormous war machines to your synthetic clan rivals.
- Relive the authenticity of classic 8-bit challenge or experience it for the first time.. with an added convenience or two.
- Rescue your clan to unlock permanent Ninjutsu skills and abilities, combining them seamlessly as only the warrior of legend could.
- Search for secrets as you explore the ruined world. Return to your old haunts to find supplies, items and upgrades.
- Experience the gripping story, told both in-game and through animated cinematic story scenes between the action. Who can be trusted? How far will Shadow go to protect his clan and the one he loves?
- Pulse-pounding soundtrack by Enrique Martin, produced by Jake Kaufman.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:35 pm CDT
- New Witcher game not in development, CD Projekt RED confirms
- CD Projekt RED is 'looking at' next-gen consoles, privy to inside info
- CD Projekt RED wants to make more Witcher games
- McFarlane Toys making Johnny Silverhand Cyberpunk 2077 action figures
- Cyberpunk 2077 enters final development, but CDPR's still spending big
- > NEXT STORY: New League of Legends games are powered by Unity Engine
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Final Fantasy 7 Remake won't get a PlayStation 5 release