After the massive success of Resident Evil 2 Remake, Capcom has decided to keep the success ball rolling with Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake. Will the game be exactly the same as it's 1999 counterpart?
For a short answer, no, it will not. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis will be arriving with a majority of the same features that the original game possesses, but some select features will be dropped. What will be arriving with the game is a full remake of the original story, and a new multiplayer experience called Resident Evil: Resistance.
According to the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK, Capcom Producer Peter Fabiano was asked whether the remake would have multiple endings like the 1999 original. In short, Fabiano simply said "no", but he didn't clear up whether or not players will be able to have multiple paths towards the single endings or whether or not it would just be a linear path. Mercenaries mode also didn't quite make the cut, as it was replaced with Resistance.
Last updated: Jan 11, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- Resident Evil 2 Remake likely to get Resident Evil 3 tie-in DLC
- Resident Evil 3 Remake coming April 2020 to PC, PS4, and Xbox One
- Rumor: Capcom is developing 'Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake' for 2020
- Resident Evil 3 Remake likely optimized for next-gen consoles
- Nemesis gives us massive anxiety in new Resident Evil 3 trailer
- > NEXT STORY: Panasonic reveals world's first Ultra HD VR glasses with HDR support
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Doom 1 and 2 get 60FPS updates, community-made content packs, and more