If you've got $1900 burning a hole in your pocket, then look no further than EVGA's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN - one of the most exquisite graphics cards ever created.
EVGA has finally launched the much lauded new KINGPIN-approved and heavily custom RTX 2080 Ti graphics card with a custom PCB that allows for a socket-busting 520W of power. It still houses the same TU102 GPU with 4352 CUDA cores, 11GB of GDDR6 at 14Gbps, with its GPU clocked at 1770MHz boost.
The biggest part of the new EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN is definitely the 12-layer deep PCB that was constructed with the help of overclocker 'TiN'. We're looking at a beast of a PCB that is able to handle up to 520W from its 3 x 8-pin PCIe power connectors.
16+3 Phase VRM with Extreme overclocking in mind
- Dual MP2888A controllers
- 16 - MP86956 - 60 ampere Smart PowerStages for the GPU
- 3 - MP86956 - 60 ampere Smart PowerStages for the Memory
- PEXVDD single-phase digital control VRM
- Triple 8-pin +12V PCIe power connectors located on the edge for clean cabling
- Over 520 W TDP Rating with bundled VBIOS
PCB designed in cooperation with Illya "TiN" Tsemenko
- Custom low-loss 12-layer PCB
- Probe-It header to allow for real-time monitoring GPU voltages by DMM
- EVBot header allows for real-time power settings tuning
- Triple BIOS for Normal, OC and Extreme LN2 use profiles
- An array of 12 onboard iCX temperature sensors
- Integrated voltage monitoring with real-time OLED readout
- Diagnostic LEDs & Self-diagnostics for correct power and GPU operation
Back to the card itself, EVGA has used a hybrid cooling system that features a 100mm HBM fan that is placed on a full metal heat sink that is copper plated. On top of that the company has used 2 x 120mm PWM fans that are attached to a large 240mm radiator that EVGA gives you with the $1900 graphics card.
The VRMs are also cooled by their own modular heat sink that allows customers to install aftermarket GPU coolers, which is definitely a nice touch.
EVGA also includes something called the Shroud OLED display that lets you see real-time stats for the card like real-time voltages, temperatures, clocks, power consumption, and GPU usage.
Shroud OLED Display Details:
- Built into the shroud is an OLED Display to show real-time card stats and user messages
- Shows real-time Voltages, Temperatures, Clocks, Power Consumption, and GPU Utilization
- Show self-test and diagnostic results
- Monitor GPU junction temperature in a wide range from -64 °C to +105 °C
- Optional LN2 benching kit with OLED bracket for enthusiast use with 3rd party cooling solution.
EVGA is currently selling its GeForce RTX 2080 Ti KINGPIN graphics card for $1899.99 on its own EVGA store, but it is exclusive to EVGA Associate members and Associate Code users.
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo Direct rumored to be held on April 11th, 2019
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Respawn is hardware banning Apex Legends cheaters