Monster Hunter World is being updated right now on Steam with a rather large 29GB download that provides a high resolution texture pack for improved graphics.
The new free DLC is available for Monster Hunter World as the large update to the game, but you'll have to do a few clicks to get to it. The developer explains: "After downloading the pack, go to the main menu > Options > Display > Advanced Graphics Settings to adjust the texture quality".
The patch also adds a new TAA+FXAA anti-aliasing option, new mouse controls that aren't as sensitive to unintentional movement when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse, and more. The team also added a meter to the Advanced Graphics Settings menu that lets you know how much VRAM your graphics card will be using with the applied settings at the time.
If you've already got Monster Hunter World installed, then your client should've already had its update pushed through Steam. Once it's there, follow the instructions of "After downloading the pack, go to the main menu > Options > Display > Advanced Graphics Settings to adjust the texture quality" and you'll have the new high-res textures applied.
Major New Features/Design Changes:
- Added support for High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
- This pack can be downloaded as free DLC from Steam to change the in-game textures to high resolution textures.
- After downloading the pack, go to the main menu > Options > Display > Advanced Graphics Settings to adjust the texture quality.
- The High Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of available storage space, and 8GB of graphics memory (VRAM).
- Please make sure to check the system requirements on the DLC page before installing the pack.
- Added a "TAA+FXAA" option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.
- Go to the main menu > Options > Display > Advanced Graphics Settings to toggle it.
- Added a meter to the Advanced Graphics Settings menu that shows how much PC VRAM (graphics memory) you're using with the currently applied settings.
- When selecting "Take All" at the rewards screen after completing a quest, a list of all items received will now be displayed.
- Added a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.
- With the newly added Type 2, you can hold down the lock-on key and use the scroll wheel to switch between monster parts when you are locked on to a monster. It also takes longer for the focus camera to disengage (from moving the mouse) when using this type.
- Go to the Start Menu > System > Options > Controls to change control types.
- Added a camera control category to the keyboard settings.
- Camera control used to be tied to the O, K, L, and + keys, but they can now be changed to other keys by going to the main menu > Options > Key Config.
- Added a "Friends Can Join" option to the Private Session Settings.
- Until now, it was only possible to access private sessions by entering the Online Session ID, but by turning on the "Friends Can Join" option, your Steam friends will be able to join by using "Invite a Friend" or searching for friends' sessions.
- Accordingly, the "Yes" option for private sessions has been changed to "Online Session ID Only."
- Added a countermeasure for a bug causing the game to crash when performing actions with a lot of visual effects, such as Spread Ammo 3 for the heavy bowgun, during the event quest Undying Alpenglow.
- This bug will be further addressed in future updates.
- To compensate for this issue, the availability of Undying Alpenglow will be extended as follows:
- Before: Friday, March 22 00:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 4 23:59 UTC.
- After: Friday, March 22 00:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 18 23:59 UTC.
- Fixed a bug where a player would perform a backstep facing the left if they performed a neutral evade (backstep) within 0.3 seconds of performing a guard with the analog stick.
- Fixed a bug where the Gunlance's Wyrmstake Cannon would continuously hit a monster if it connected as the monster begins digging underground until it coming up from beneath the ground. It has been fixed so Wyrmstake Cannon will end once the digging underground animation is over.
- Player characters are supposed to be displayed with high resolution textures at all times, but there was a bug where the player would be displayed with a similar texture resolution to NPCs when restarting the game from base and departing on a quest or expedition. This has been addressed.
- Fixed a bug causing low scroll sensitivity when using the scroll wheel on the Skill Info screen.
- Fixed a bug where, when the player faints with a specific window on screen, the window would not close and could still be controlled.
- Fixed a bug where the Support window on the title screen would show the web manual and support page URL for other platforms.
- Fixed a bug on the oven roast and Tailraider Safari results screens where pressing the left directional key when the cursor is set to "Take All" would not result in the cursor moving to "Sell All."
- Fixed a bug where the mouse controls for sorting equipment loadouts and keyboard presets behaved differently from the sorting controls for other UIs, such as item loadouts.
- Various other bug fixes.
- >> NEXT STORY: The Division 2's huge Tidal Basin update drops on April 5
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Heretic looks hella good with AI-powered texture pack
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de