Capcom has announced that it will be bringing another title to Nintendo's handheld system, introducing 2013's classic RPG Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen to the Nintendo Switch.
For those that have never heard of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, the game was released back in 2013 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The title is developed by Capcom and gives players the option of choosing between nine vocations or classes, each completely different from the last and each with a unique set of skills and attributes. Players will not be alone in the world of Gransys as they will be embarking on their adventure with three AI companions called 'Pawns.'
Pawns can be swapped in and out depending on what the player prefers and can also be shared online to reap rewards of treasure. Pawns will primarily assist the player in taking down massive enemies and can also be used as a utility when completing certain quests. Within the entirety of this post I have provided dot points for the 'key features' of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen by Capcom. The Nintendo Switch version of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be arriving on the handheld console on April 23, 2019. Fun fact - the original Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was released on the 23rd April, 2013 and now the Switch version is releasing exactly 6 years to the date.
- Dynamic combat experience - Cut off the four heads of a Hydra, climb atop griffins and fight airborne, or defeat dragons and other creatures by finding out their weaknesses.
- Tons of content - Includes all previously released extra content, DLC and the Dark Arisen expansion content. Features the highly praised combat experience and rich customization, plus a huge underground realm to explore with terrifying monsters.
- Customization options galore - Nine different vocations for players to choose from with a variety of skill and magick options for each, armor that can be upgraded and enhanced, plus Pawn companions that can be trained to fit your desired combat style.
- Adapted User Interface - Revamped user interface offers improved screen visibility.
- Online Functionality - The iconic Pawn system comes to Nintendo Switch with online sharing abilities between Nintendo Accounts. (A Nintendo Switch Online membership is not required for online features).
- Play Anywhere - For the first time, Dragon's Dogma can be played on the go using the Nintendo Switch system's handheld or tabletop mode.
- > NEXT STORY: BioWare's Anthem to feature social hub, incoming demo soon
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Metro Exodus' story is built on hope and struggle