The coming PS4 port of Path of Exile has been delayed by developer Grinding Gear Games, PS4 players will now have to wait until sometime in February next year to get their hands-on the title.
The announcement comes from the games official website and details that the PS4 port has been delayed due to the certification process taking longer than expected. "We underestimated the amount of work it would take to finish the certification process during the busy Christmas period."
The post continues and says that Grinding Gear Games feel much more comfortable "promising early February as a target release window." In the middle of the certification process, Grinding Gear Games have said that during this time improvements will be made to "performance/frame rate." To finalize everything up, the developer apologizes to PS4 fans "We understand that many PlayStation users were keen to play Betrayal over Christmas and have been eagerly awaiting release date news. We promise that Path of Exile will be awesome on PlayStation 4 when it is released early next year". Path of Exile is currently available on PC and Xbox One.
Last updated: Dec 19, 2019 at 11:01 am CST
- PlayStation 5 may play thousands of PS4 games at launch
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- PS5's boost mode is so powerful that some PS4 games can't handle it
- Sony isn't 100% sure COVID-19 won't delay PlayStation 5 and new games
- Here's a list of all cross-platform games, now that the PS4 joins in
- > NEXT STORY: Fortnite is 'like heroin,' says addiction specialist
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Darksiders III FOV slider mod available to download