Nintendo have recently released their sales statistics for a five-day period running from Thanksgiving through until Cyber Monday. The Big N has hit new milestones by raking in a huge $250 million just within this time frame in product sales.
In a recent press release from Nintendo, the company details how they went over the course of Black Friday sales to Cyber Monday. According to the press release, the "Nintendo Switch set two new records from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday: It became the best-selling Nintendo console in U.S. history for that five-day period, surpassing even Wii system sales." This strong demand in Nintendo products pushed the company to sell more than $250 million dollars worth of Nintendo products within the five-day period from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday.
According to Nintendo's internal sales figures, the Nintendo Switch sales grew a massive 115% when compared to the same time last year. "Lifetime sales of Nintendo Switch, which is entering only its second holiday season, have reached more than 8.2 million units." The sales data also reveals that 1 million first party titles sold during the period of Nov 22-26, this includes digital downloads as well. Nintendo also mentions the beast title that they haven't released yet, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Smash Ultimate is Nintendo's flagship title and will definitely be pushing the Switch unit sales even further than they already have gone. For more information, check out the official press release here.
- Nintendo Switch hardware sales grew 115 percent compared to the same period in 2017.
- Lifetime sales of Nintendo Switch, which is entering only its second holiday season, have reached more than 8.2 million units.
- Sales of first-party games, including digital downloads, topped 1 million units Nov. 22-26, beating 2017's totals by 78 percent.
- Nintendo Switch games Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! have hit combined U.S. sales of more than 1.5 million units since their Nov. 16 launch.
- Super Mario Party surpassed lifetime U.S. sales of 1 million units, becoming the fastest-selling game in the Mario Party series and the fifth million-selling first-party Nintendo Switch game in the U.S. alone, joining The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.
- Thanks in part to strong Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday sales, the total installed base for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has hit 22 million.
- Additionally, after 12 months of availability, lifetime combined sales of the Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon games crossed 2.2 million.
Classic Gaming Systems:
- Also aided by strong Nov. 22-26 sales, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system surpassed lifetime sales of 2.5 million.
- And the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system surpassed lifetime sales of 2 million.
- >> NEXT STORY: Nintendo declines plans for Zelda: Skyward Sword Switch port
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Obsidian reveals new RPG next week