Bethesda cannot say it has had a good launch with Fallout 76, with the developer tripping over itself to their fans and consumers about the sorry ass state that the game has arrived in. But all isn't lost, there are two major updates planned for the next two weeks.
The first update will increase the Stash Limit from 400 to 600, with Bethesda explaining: "While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game". The Boss Loot has been increased, and a few other things have been balanced and fixed. The December 4 Fallout 76 patch will be followed by the December 11 patch a week later.
The December 11 patch will be huge for PC gamers as Bethesda is launching things that should've shipped with Fallout 76 like 21:9 monitor support, field of view adjustment, and push-to-talk for voice chat. I don't know why this didn't get included at launch, but the game is a mess to say it nicely. These two patches will do good things for the game, however. But, is it too late?
December 4 Patch Highlights
- Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we're happy to share that we're increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
- Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature's difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: We've resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: We've addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We're also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11 Patch Highlights
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you'll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you'll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don't attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it's easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
- > NEXT STORY: Darksiders III launches, debuts with EPIC release trailer
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Just Cause 4 needs GeForce GTX 1080 Ti to run 4K at 40FPS