We're only a few days out from the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, with developer Treyarch posting a new community update on Reddit addressing some of the things to expect in the game.
COD: Black Ops 4's upcoming battle royale mode 'Blackout' will be frame rate capped on the PC at launch, with Treyarch limiting the PC version to 120FPS at first. There will be an uncap to 144FPS "as soon as the servers are stable" and a total removal of the frame cap in the days post-launch/.
The normal multiplayer and zombies modes in COD: Black Ops 4 will be uncapped at launch, so if you have a 144/165/240Hz monitor you will not have a problem.
- At launch, we will start Blackout with a 120fps cap on PC
- Ensure the moment the game launches that it has high stability for every player
- Raise to 144fps as soon as the servers are stable
- And assuming all looks good, enable uncapped framerates within the first few days (Zombies and Multiplayer modes will be uncapped starting immediately on day 1). This is the right plan to ensure a smooth, playable game for the whole community out of the gate.
- >> NEXT STORY: AMD rumored Radeon RX 570/580 successors launching SOON
- << PREVIOUS STORY: PS4 exclusive 'S.O.N' official gameplay trailer released