343 Industries have just released a patch that enables crossplay support between Xbox One and PC gamers in Halo Wars 2, with crossplay support in the Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all unranked playlists.
Halo Wars 2's crossplay feature will be pushed out in phases, so that 343i can keep control over it and make sure it's working properly and not filled with problems. The new patch for Halo Wars 2 also includes one fix for the PC, and a new feature. If you own the Windows 10 version, it will auto-download the patch. As for the patch notes, check them out here.
Halo Wars 2 November 2nd Patch Release Notes
- Added support for 4K Ultra HD & HDR gameplay on Xbox One X
- Crossplay is here for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs!
- Crossplay will be supported for Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all UNRANKED Playlists
- All of the existing ranked playlists will remain platform-specific for the sake of fairness and parity
- For players who really want to see how console stacks up against PC, a new playlist called "Ranked 3v3 X War" will be added that will support crossplay.
- Crossplay will be rolled out in phases to make sure everything is working as intended and to give the team time to assess.When the update is released, the following will be enabled for crossplay:
- Blitz & Terminus Firefight
- Custom Games
- Unranked Playlists: 3v3 Deathmatch, Terminus Firefight
- Ranked Playlist: (NEW) "Ranked 3v3 X War"** Crossplay will be added to more playlists at a later date once everything is verified to be in good shape.
- > NEXT STORY: Halo 5 comparison between Xbox One and Xbox One X shown off
- < PREVIOUS STORY: 3D Realms recruiting playtesters for new BUILD engine game