Project Cars 2 will release September 22, 2017 on all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios and Bandai Namco today confirmed.
Popular realistic racing franchise Project Cars is back and better than ever, and Bandai Namco is ready to showcase the game at E3 2017. Project Cars 2 features over 180 cars, a massive track roster, and a bevy of new modes. Slightly Mad Studios has listened to fan feedback by adding in a multi-class racing mode that allows gamers to "compete in any car and track in a field of multiple car classes which replicates the world's most famous endurance racing championships, past and present." Players can also enjoy Project Cars 2's modes and features while playing offline.
Slightly Mad boasts that Project Cars 2 is the "most immersive and technically-advanced racing simulation on the planet," featuring new optimizations across the board including high-end visuals and a re-vamped physics and a new grip and slip handling system to give users even more control.
Project Cars 2 also has 12K resolution support and is fully VR compatible with PC virtual reality headsets. The racing sequel also features up to 16 player online modes on consoles, and up to 32 players can race against each other online via PC.
Check below for a full list of content features found in Project Cars 2.
THE PINNACLE OF AUTHENTICITY
Created by gamers and ﬁne-tuned by pro drivers. Featuring class-leading visuals, 1:1 digital craftsmanship, precision physics, challenging AI, and dynamic real-time vehicle and weather-surface conditions.
• Over 170 licensed cars from the most iconic brands
• Largest track roster of any console racing game ever
• Full VR headset and 12K resolution (PC only) support
• Revamped controller pad handling
THE HEAT OF COMPETITION
Discover your ultimate driver journey and test your skills against the most intense competition to become the next motorsport hero. Project Cars 2 was built from the ground-up with e-Sports in mind.
• All-new vehicle types & motorsport classes, plus old favorites (Rallycross, IndyCar, and more)
• Compete against friends online across a wide selection of vehicles on tarmac and oﬀ
• Robust e-Sports functionalities and all-new online championships
THE POWER OF CONDITIONS
Race without boundaries - Anytime, anywhere, with any car. Day or night, wet or dry.
• Race on varying track surfaces including ice, tarmac or dirt tracks
• LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic road surface transitions aﬀect vehicle performance, grip, and handling in real-time with bleeding-edge tire physics and surface deformities
• Full 24-hour cycle faithfully recreates the atmospheric conditions and ambience of a speciﬁc time of year
• Dynamic time-of-day, weather, and seasonal race conditions