Qualcomm recently announced a major strategy shift with its Snapdragon branding, and we're seeing the first results of those big changes with the new Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform.
The new Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform is designed to deliver 4G connectivity and 4G services to entry-level feature phones, yeah - not smartphones, but the more basic handsets. The new Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform is powered by the Qualcomm 205 (which you'll now notice it's not Snapdragon, but Qualcomm 205) - featuring 4G baseband, RF front end, Wi-Fi, power management, audio codec, speaker amplifier, and software - all inside of the one chip.
Qualcomm's new processor will provide 4G and other advanced features to emerging markets like India and Southeast Asia - providing 4G technologies and more to small businesses, meaning they can offer tech-based financial transactions in-store. It's something we take for granted, but in emerging markets, Qualcomm can rapidly change the everyday things in India and Asia - thanks to the new Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform and its entry-level feature phone market.
It'll also let users in those emerging markets step up into the on-demand video/music markets - as they'll eventually have the 4G speeds to make use of these platforms.
Qualcomm 205 SoC Features/Tech Specs:
- LTE Cat 4 modem with up to 150 Mbps download, 50 Mbps upload
- Support for 4G, 3G and 2G networks
- Support for 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+, FM radio
- Dual Core CPU at 1.1GHz
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU
- 3 megapixel rear camera/3MP selfie camera
- VGA display at 480p 60 frames per-second
- HD Video streaming
- Support for Linux based OS
- Support for dual SIMs
- Pin-compatible with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 210/212
Last updated: Jun 16, 2020 at 04:29 pm CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Sony announces a new budget smartphone - Xperia L1
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Enter the 'Underworld' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!