Assassin's Creed Syndicate just got a new patch that seems to focus the most on improving performance all around. It wasn't the worst performing AC game on release, but it also wasn't the smoothest experience from a new game either.
Unlike the misstep that was the release of Assassin's Creed Unity, Syndicate had fewer bugs and game-breaking glitches when it became available. The crowd density was reduced in order to help alleviate some of the issues regarding framerate while walking around the bustling city. That helped, but the increased environmental geometry, improved ambient occlusion along with increased shadow map rendering quality has made for quite the resource hungry game.
SLI in particular scaled horribly in the beginning, though it works quite well now. Ubisoft has been very quick to react to player feedback this time around putting out patches that have solved nearly all the issues and glitches that did, unfortunately, happen to make it into the final release of Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Curious if your system is any better, download the patch and let us know!
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Patch 1.4 Changelog:
- Added DLC - The Last Maharaja support
- Fixed "Jack's message" puzzle issue
- Fixed crash in World War I mission
- Fixed crash on Title Screen when downloading Jack The Ripper
- Fixed geometry corruption on Intel integrated GPU
- Fixed TXAA shaking
- Fixed several render issues
- Fixed several UI issues
- Fixed few online issues
- Fixed an issue where glitches might fail to award the player Helix rewards
- Fixed an issue where the permanent XP Boost from the Season Pass would not be present in some cases
- Fixed a typo with the Military Chapel's bombing description
- Fixed an issue where the "Legendary Assassin kukri" would appear uncrafted and unusable after crafting it
- Fixed an issue with some achievements unlocking when they should not
- Fixed an issue in the "A Night to Remember" mission where the user could be stuck outside the vault in some rare cases, leaving no possibility to progress further
- Fixed an issue, in the "Jack the Ripper" DLC, in the "Jack's Lieutenants" mission where the objective would not update
- Fixed an issue, in the "Jack the Ripper" DLC, in the "Letter of Intent" mission where it could fail without a desynch in some specific cases
- Improved performance and stability
- >> NEXT STORY: System Shock level designer isn't impressed with mainstream games
- << PREVIOUS STORY: New Radeon Crimson drivers enables Crossfire for XCOM 2, The Division