Destiny's new The Taken King expansion has a nice offering of hidden secrets, but there's one puzzle that even Master Rahool can't solve: the mystery surrounding the ultra-rare Sleeper Simulant exotic fusion rifle. Destiny fans have been chasing the elusive gun for weeks, dedicating serious time and effort in the Destiny Reddit...and it looks like they've unlocked another clue.
The Sleeper Simulant is one of the most powerful guns in the game, but the dynamic quest on how to actually attain it has been shrouded in mystery. Little by little Destiny fans across the globe have chipped in to solve the mystery, leading to a galactic treasure hunt that's brought the community closer together. Gamers have even delved into Destiny's source code looking for answers.
Now another clue has been spotted, but the search continues. According to a new Reddit thread, a Guardian was able to trigger a new quest called "The First Firewall" on Earth's Cosmodrome region. This mission is just the first in a line of quests that is believed to end with the Sleeper Simulant as a reward.
We know you want to get in the action so we've included a step-by-step guide on all of the known steps in the Sleeper Simulant's three-part questline and how to trigger them. Thanks to Redditors Alexp1128 and Kiki_Strumm3r for compiling the info.
- Collect all 4 Legendary DVALIN relics and turn them into the Gunsmith to trigger the First Firewall quest. Relics are dropped randomly and you'll know you found one when you see the name, and when you realize you found an un-identified Legendary item that you can't equip.
- Complete the quest to earn the Curious Transceiver, which requires four sequential passcodes to unlock. Activate the Curious Transceiver (stored in your quest items) and enter the following sequences in the passcode entry screen from top to bottom.
These codes are believed to match the order in which Knights and Taken spawn in the First Firewall mission (remember to enter each row left to right, top to bottom).
1 2 1 1 2 2 2 1 2
1 2 1 1 2 2 1 1
1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 1
1 2 1 2 1 2 1 1
- A new mission called "Shadow Call" is then activated, and the objective is to reach the top of the Devil's Spire in the Cosmodrome (remember the massive tower you climbed to retrieve Cayde's stealth drive? Yeah, that one) in a time limit. Upon completion you're awarded a new quest item called the IKELOS Fusion Core.
You then have to repair the IKELOS Fusion Core with 5 different modules:
- Heavy Power Coupling - Dismantle any legendary or higher heavy weapon.
- Ionized Shell Harmonics - Complete the Archives mission on Venus on any difficulty.
- WARSAT//MK19/TERRA/RSPN - Complete a 'Defend the Warsat' public event on Earth.
- WARSAT//MK19/LUNA/RSPN - Complete a 'Defend the Warsat' public event on the Moon.
- WARSAT//MK19/MARS/CHLM - Complete a 'Defend the Warsat' public event on Mars.
Now bring the fully repaired IKELOS Fusion Core back to the Gunsmith to get a new quest called The Sleeper Stirs.
- The Sleeper Stirs quest requires you to beat the Fallen SABRE Strike mission at a Light Level of 280. Upon completion of the quest, you'll be rewarded with the Sleeper Simulant Weapon Frame. Simply turn this into the Gunsmith at the Tower and enjoy your brand new Sleeper Simulant fusion rifle!
Big shout out to Destiny Redditor TheJoker26 for providing the details. Below we've also included video walkthroughs on each step if you happen to need a visual aid.
- >> NEXT STORY: Sony pushes PS4 users to buy Destiny via new suggestion feature
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Apple's 3D Touch is coming to Android phones