Samsung has only just unveiled its new Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ handsets, but DisplayMate has put them both under the test awarding the new Galaxy Note 5 with some serious praise for its display.
Most people would think that the display on the Galaxy Note 5 being the same size and resolution, would not be that much of an upgrade, but DisplayMate says quite the opposite. President of DisplayMate, Dr. Raymond M. Soneria, said that the Galaxy Note 5 is the best performing smartphone display the company has ever tested.
The display in the Galaxy Note 5 breaks new records in various categories, including highest absolute color accuracy, peak brightness, and highest contrast rating in ambient light, and that's not even all of the categories the display in the Note 5 wins in. The new Galaxy S6 edge+ was also given some praise, with Soneira saying that the fact that the flexible plastic substrate used in the dual-edge display is now essentially the same as traditional glass substrate.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:01 am CDT
- DisplayMate rates Galaxy S20 Ultra the best smartphone display EVER
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20+, Note 20 Ultra renders teased
- This is our first look at Samsung's new Galaxy Note 20 smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Z: new foldable phone folds into 'Z' shape
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones
- > NEXT STORY: Australian Government emails surface from Ashley Madison hack
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ridley Scott's 'The Martian' gets first teaser trailer