It looks like Activision is preparing for the unveiling of the next entry into the Call of Duty franchise with Call of Duty: World at War II. The publisher will reportedly unveil the new game on May 4 according to an alleged promotional poster for the gmae.
While Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare took gamers into the future with some next-gen weapons, exosuits and more, World at War II will bring things back to reality, and history. Anonymous Protection leaked out the reveal date, which is May 4 at 10AM PDT/1PM EDT. It makes sense, as Activision unveiled the first look at Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on May 1 last year.
Treyarch will likely be the studio behind the development of the game, handing off the yearly Call of Duty game torch from Sledgehammer.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Call of Duty 2020 confirmed, expected to sell less than Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty pro tournaments will be played on PS4, not PC
- Mobile is the apple of Activision's eye: 'It's our leading platform'
- Modern Warfare reboot beats Black Ops 3 and 4's opening sales
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- > NEXT STORY: Connected homes could pose major security concerns to early adopters
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Key to wider wearable adoption could be to just keep things simple