To counter package theft, and make e-commerce shopping and delivery easier, San Francisco Bay Area startup Doorman will deliver packages to customers. The service costs $4 per package, or frequent ecommerce buyers can pay $19 or $29 per month for the silver and gold packages. Deliveries are made from 6:00PM until midnight, currently available only in San Francisco.
"Once it arrives, we notify you on your phone and then you use the Doorman app to schedule a delivery on your phone until midnight, seven days a week," said Zander Adell, Doorman founder.
Doorman is designed to make it more convenient for residents to receive their packages, while also helping prevent against theft. Throughout some parts in the Bay Area, package theft - taken off house porches and from apartment doorsteps - as thieves tend to take packages while people are away from their house in the afternoon.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 08:48 pm CDT
- Grand Theft Auto IV is returning to Steam, but with no multiplayer
- Matrix 4's death-defying stunts spotted in San Francisco
- Facebook cancels global marketing summit over coronavirus fears
- Grand Theft Auto 6 rumored for Fall 2021: misses PS5, new Xbox launch
- Grand Theft Auto 6 trailer could drop soon, according to fresh rumors
- > NEXT STORY: Google introduces Liftware smart spoon that helps people with tremors
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Insight into the mind of a former NSA programmer/hacker